Chapter 50

Alexis cried harder when she heard the loud howl and she knew it was Lucas.

'Stop the car I want to go back.' She told Luke. She couldn't stand it; she couldn't just leave him like that. For her sake and his she couldn't leave him. Luke looked amused as he turned the car around and in 10 minutes she was back at the house. Luke came around and helped her out and she slowly made her way back up the steps. The door opened and she gasped when she saw Lucas lying on the floor in his wolf form. 'Is he hurt?' Quicker than ever Lucas shifted and took her in his arms carrying her up the stairs, the sound of laughter following her up the staircase. Lucas placed her on the bed like she was made of glass before he came and sat beside her looking at her with sheer happiness.

'You came back.' He stated like he couldn't believe she was actually here.

'I don't forgive you for what you did and I'm not talking to you. I heard how much this hurt you and I honestly don't want you hurting so much.'

Lucas sat quite for a while and she was beginning to wonder if he heard her 'So...I really don't understand.' he finally said.

'Well you can come see me every day if you want. I mean if my presence alone gives you comfort then you can visit me. I will be more than fine just staying by myself.' She lied she wanted to be near him too and she couldn't bother being mad anymore. It drained her energy when she was angry at him. She was tired and had started feeling nauseous the second she had stepped into Luke's car.

'Um so I'm not allowed to talk to you or kiss you until you are ready? It will basically be like your mad at me somewhere else but you will be right here instead?'

'Yup. I'm going down stairs.' She told him getting up.

'Can I get a last kiss?' Lucas asked. She almost caved when she saw the hopeful expression but she shook her head a left. He will just have to deal with it.

Lucas shook his head in amusement at her crazy plan but he will work with it. It's better than having to stay away from her. She said she wouldn't talk to him but she didn't say anything about him not talking to her. He put on some clothes and went down stairs feeling a hundred times better than he did minutes ago.

****

It has been one week since Alexis set her crazy plan and she honestly stick by it. She didn't talk to him; she just pretended he wasn't there. He really didn't know which was better-to just leave her alone or just stay and reduced himself to more torture. It's the same damn thing.

She had insist on going to her own home and they were now in her room. She was lying on her bed reading and as usual pretending that he wasn't sitting beside her. He stared at her, she looked so much better than the last few weeks. She had gain back her original weight and a little extra. She could eat just about everything from a slice of apple to a cow. His babies were really working on her appetite.

He hadn't allow her to go to school for the week wanting her to recuperate before going back. Jake had been carrying her homework from school for her. It had surprised him when she didn't argue but merely shrugged. Today was the last day of their 'vacation' and they were going to school tomorrow. 'Are you ready for school tomorrow?' He asked calmly and knowing she wasn't going to answer him he continue 'You don't have to be afraid of what people might say I will be there for you okay?' Anyone who dare say a word he planned on punching their face in.

He rest his hands on her belly and caressed it. That was the only part of her that he was allowed to touch and if he rubbed long enough she would get aroused and remove his hand. She would probably kill him if she knew he could smell her arousal. And right now she was getting aroused that means his time will soon be up. He continued to rub and her scent hit him hard, she smell so damn good and it pained him to know there was nothing he could do. It surprised him when she didn't remove his hand and he felt hope blossom that her little game might soon be over.

Alexis tried to ignore her growing arousal but it was no use. Every time he touched her she wanted him more than ever. This time she didn't remove his hands, it was also comforting when he caressed her like this and her babies went wild when he did. She loved how much they move especially when Lucas' hands were on her.

It was just two days ago that it had dawned on her that she was having a werewolf's baby and it had freaked her out and had cursed Lucas to the pits of hell. 'Would you like to lie down?' She asked without looking at him. It was the first words she had said to him since her stupid plan. He was silent so she looked to see him staring at her with shock. She gave him a little smile and his eyes widen even more. Okay? Shrugging she went back to her book that she had been pretending to read, a little hurt that he didn't want to be beside her.

A minute later she felt the bed sink as he came up beside her, it was kind of ackward. Sighing she put the book away and turn her back to his chest so he could spoon her. Lucas cuddled up behind her as he wrapped his hands around her over-size stomach. 'Don't stop rubbing it.' She commanded lightly and he went to work immediately. 'It feels so good...' she moaned before she could stop herself. Her desire was trying to take over her body and she suddenly felt very hot.

'Is it because you are a werewolf that the babies are growing so fast?' She asked trying to distract her from her growing desire to have him inside her.

'Yes love. You will only be pregnant for about 6 to 7 months; they grow faster than human babies.' He replied nuzzling her neck. It was so not helping especially with his hard on resting against her back.

Huh. That was interesting. 'Will they be werewolves too? And why don't you need the moon to shift like you know, in movies?'

'It's a possibility that they will. I honestly don't know. Remember when I said we were the only were-human couple, so everything is unknown. And shifting under the moon just a long lived myth, we shift at will.' Lucas told her laughing lightly.

'So tell me about your family.'

'What do you want to know?'

She really didn't know which question to ask first. 'Anything I guess...'

'Well I'm the Alpha of my pack, which means I'm the leader. My dad stepped down a couple years ago and I took the position. My pack is one of the largest in the state and some consider it the most dangerous...' before he could say anything else his phone ring. She sighed when his hands left her stomach.

She listened to the one sided conversation. 'NOW?! Can you handle it without me?' She heard him yell. She sat up and looked at him worriedly. He was stiff with tension and she wondered what was going on. It seemed serious. 'I'll be right there.' Lucas hangs up the phone and looked at her with regret. 'I have to go baby. Rogues are attacking and my pack needs me.' He said jumping to his feet, quickly shoving his foot into his shoes.

'Rogues? What is that?' She asked nervously.

'Wolves that don't belong to a pack, they either left or were banished. I have to go okay? I'll come over when I can.' He whispered kissing her.

When he finally release her lips she asked what she wanted since he said the word 'attacking' 'Are you going to be fighting? Are you planning on fighting them? Will you get hurt?' She asked frantically. She didn't want him in any danger.

'No I will be fine. Call Jake. I'll see you later.' He kissed her one last time and then he was gone. Leaving her feeling empty and scared. She hope everything was alright and he doesn't get hurt. Why would rogues attack them? She didn't understand much of this werewolf thing. Not wanting to bother Jake's time with his friends she relaxed into her bed. Sighing, she closed her eyes maybe she could sleep until he gets back. But it was no use, she was too worried about her mate.

The past week has been weird, not just her lack of communication with Lucas but adjusting to the whole werewolf thing. She had search deep and hard for fear of him and his entire family but hadn't found any. But she had known already that he would hurt her. She had barely thought it through when she had decided to go back to him.

It didn't surprise her that she was okay with the whole mate thing and had finally come to the conclusion to just forgive and forget. Maybe this would be the worst they would face in their relationship. She turned on her back and caressed her tummy, thinking about Lucas. The babies started kicking like crazy bringing a smile to her face 'Daddy will be home soon so stay put...' she whispered lovingly. Sylvester had come and check up on her every day at Lucas' request. They both have been humouring him because there was need for the doctor every day.

A bang came from downstairs caused her to jump and slowly she got up and walk to the head of the stairs to see what it was. Immediately she started to back away when she saw two guys looking around, one then lifts there head up and look right at her. With fear she watched as one of them shift into a black wolf and stalk slowly towards her. They really didn't look friendly and decided they weren't apart of Lucas' pack.

Not pondering that thought she ran into her room and locked the door backing away from it. She could hear them and she tried to think of a way she could escape. Her whole body was shaking and she ran to the window and look out but saw that it was probably too far to jump. Not with her stomach. She screamed when she heard the door rattling and she grabbed her phone and ran into the bathroom locking the door behind her.

With shaking hands she dialled Lucas number before quickly erasing it. He might be in his wolf form. The police? No! She quickly dialled Carmen's house phone and as the phone ring her heart rate increased. She watched terrified at the door afraid that any second they will burst through it because she was very much aware that they were already in her bedroom. 'Hello Carmen? Please help me there are some men in my room.' She screamed when she heard her bathroom door rattle.

'OH GOD! ARE YOU OKAY? WE ARE ON OUR WAY!' She heard Carmen shout. 'Stay on the line okay?' Alexis nodded then curse when she realised she couldn't see her.

''Kay.' She knew they would never get here in time. A scream left her mouth when the door broke down and a man came to stand in front of her with the wolf right behind him. 'W-What do you want?' The man with long black hair came up to her with glowing yellow eyes and grabbed the phone from her, smashed it on the ground. She step further away from him but he grabbed her arm and dragged her to her room before throwing her on the bed.

She bounced a little before she settled and scurried away as far as the bed would allow. To say she was frightened at this point was an understatement. She didn't know what to do; she looked between the wolf and the man who was staring at her with disdain 'You're Alpha Lucas' mate?' He sneered.

Should she lie and say no? Then she remembered he had left her just for people not to know about them 'No I am not.' She whispered to scared to speak any louder. She screamed when he grabbed her legs and pulled her down on the bed so that she was lying on her back. 'Don't hurt me please...' She saw that he had his eyes focus on her stomach and she started to shake even more.

'I bet you would tell me the truth if something were to happen to this thing you have growing inside you.' He smile evilly at her and when he shift one of his hands so that his claws came out she knew what he was talking about.

She wasn't about to sit still and watch him hurt her triplets. She knew it was no use but she raised her legs and kick him in his belly as hard as she could manage then scream out in pain when she felt her ankle twist. Fuck. The asshole didn't even seem phase by her effort; instead he put his claws on her belly stopping her struggle. He ripped her blouse away and a scream left her when he used his hands and scratch her belly. The pain was excruciating when she felt his five claws cutting into her stomach and she tried to move away but he held her down. Tears fill her eyes as she looked up to see the blood running on both side of her belly. Her babies. 'Answer my questions!'

'Yes he is my mate! Don't hurt my babies!' She screamed at him.

'What the fuck did you do? You know we need her alive right?!' She looked to her right were a guy scream and she almost chocked.

'J-Jim?' She saw the familiar white hair as he turn back into his human form with one of her towels wrapped around his waist. Why was he doing this to her? Before she could ask anything she heard a deep growl and saw the Fluffy burst into her room with other wolves behind him. The guy who cut her belly jumped over her and jump through her window.

She watch horrified as two of the wolves that came with Lucas followed suit and went after him. The other two went to restrain Jim who was trying to get away but couldn't escape the two wolf that had him. She looked back at Lucas and saw that he was looking at her in terror. 'Lucas...it hurts...' He seemed to snap out of it and run up to her, lowering his head to her stomach.

Before she could ask what he was doing she felt his tongue started to lick her bloody stomach. And surprisingly she started to feel a little better, the pain was dulling and she was starting to feel like her old self. Lucas was whimpering all the while he licked her as if he was in pain and she ran her hands in his hair trying to comfort him. 'I'm fine now...sshh.' She cooed.

After a while he lift his head and looked at her with pain-filled eyes. She looked down to see that her belly not sporting the cuts and gawked. She was healed, the cuts weren't there anymore. Looking back at him she saw that blood was covering his mouth but she didn't care as she pulled him down into a hug. She will question him later. He seemed more shaken up than her. He whimpered in her neck and she felt his body shake 'Sshh...I'm okay now. Thank you.'

'I never should have left you alone. When my mom came and got me I was so scared that I wouldn't get to you in time. I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I never want to lose you.' He whimpered more in her neck. She rubbed his back and continue to comfort him forgetting at the moment there surroundings and the fact that there were issues waiting. 'I love you.' He said again.

'A word of advice Lucas, don't mark that girl. If you do then all hell will break loose. They will do anything to get her and what's growing inside her? It's only an added bonus.' Jim said from across the room bursting their little bubble. Lucas growled before he jump from her and walk towards Jim, one of his hands shifting in the process.

'You hurt her...' Lucas said too calmly and strangely it sounded more menacing.

'We only came here to...' but he didn't get to finish as Lucas slapped him across the face leaving a bloody trail caused by his claws. She closed her eyes against the blood only to snap them open when she heard a commotion by the door. Xavier and Deon hauled the guy that had cut in belly with his hands behind his back.

Lucas left Jim then and went to stand in front of the guy who was now on his knees. He lifted his bloody face up to where she was still lying on the bed and snarl at her. She shrink back when she saw his teeth extending. But it was gone when Lucas punched him in the face. 'I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU!' He screamed at her and before she could even blink Lucas had him by his throat, a second later his lifeless body drop on the ground.

'Get rid of him!' Lucas ordered angrily to Xavier and Deon. They didn't seem shock by what just happen. Why wasn't she freaking out? Why wasn't she freaking out? She had just seen her boyfriend kill someone but for the life of her she couldn't find it in herself to feel disgusted or afraid.

She was actually glad he was dead; he would no doubt try to get her again. He tried to kill her babies there was no way she was going to feel any remorse for him. 'Get him out of here. Put him in the dungeon. I want to see him later.' Lucas commanded as he made his way over to her. He came and took her up hugging her to him.

Everyone left the room then and after a while she finally broke the silence 'My belly is healed, how?'

He seemed to take a deep breath 'I have healing properties in my enzymes. That's how I was able to save the babies too, they really were dying. I had to listen as their heartbeats drop, and then I got the idea. I bit you on the underside of your stomach twice to inject my enzymes into you and they adopted to the chemicals and it help them fight.' Lucas was shivering slightly as he told her the story. Her babies had really been close to dying?

'How come you never told me they were that close to death? I almost lost them...twice!' She couldn't believe it. Was she cursed?

'You weren't talking to me remember? Anyway they are safe now. And why aren't you freaking out? I just snapped someone's neck.' He asked rising up to look at her.

'I don't feel anything to tell you the truth. I really don't care; he was trying to kill me.' Lucas only looked at her.

'Shall we take a shower?' He asked as he lifts her off the bed and put her on the floor. Pain shot up her leg and she cried out. She had completely forgotten about her ankle. 'What's wrong?'

'My ankle is sprained I think,' Lucas seemed to get angry all over again. He placed her back on the bed and kneeled in front of her. 'What are you going to do?' He looked up at her and she gasped when she saw his teeth lengthen. He really looked like a killer then with her blood still on his chin.

Before she could say anything he took her ankle and she watched shocked as he bring it to his mouth. Her body lit up and sparks run through her body when he bit her lightly. She thought it would hurt but it was actually...pleasurable. Too soon his lips were gone and she opened her eyes to see him grinning at her. She blushed and wiggled her ankle experimentally, it didn't hurt at all. 'Okay?'

Lucas chuckled and took her up 'Lets shower.' She took her into the bathroom and ran the water. She relaxed and let him wash her. An hour later she was dressed and was sitting on the couch in her room as Lucas search through her dresser for jeans he had left at her place. He found it a put them on. She sighed with regret, he really was sexy. 'Don't worry baby, you will see it a lot more soon.' He teased coming to sit next to her.

They sat quite for a few minutes 'Jake will have to fix the door that the guy smashed. It's becoming a regular occurrence.'

'It won't happen again baby. You're moving in with me.'

'Okay.' Lucas looked at her surprised 'What?'

'You're not going to argue about it?'

'Do you want me to?' She asked raising her eye brows questioningly.

'NO. No not at all. Thank you.' He said kissing her and holding her tighter. 'Javier is bringing the car over so we can go home. We'll pack a few things.' She nodded and yawned tiredly.

They sat in comfortable silence after that 'Lucas what was Jim talking about when he said you shouldn't mark me? What was he talking about?'

'Well when we find mates the male wolf will bite the female right here...' he said touching the spot where her shoulder meets her neck 'When that happens it injects my enzymes into you correcting and mixing our DNA to match mine somewhat. It lengthens your life span to match mine; every wolf will be able to tell you are claimed. It ties you to me forever and your scent changes a little to match mine.' He finished kissing her neck. 'Male wolves lives the longest and she-wolves who haven't found there mate usually don't live as long.'

She didn't say anything; the wheels were spinning in her head. Should she let him mark her? They were mates after all and this time she will be sure that he can't leave her. 'Will it hurt?' She whispered.

'Remember when I bit your ankle earlier?' When she nodded he continued 'It is something like that only much much more pleasurable-or so I heard.' He said with a mischievous grin.

She took a deep breath. 'I want you to mark me.'

Thanks for reading