Chapter |36|: We don't talk anymore

Two Month Later

"And so class, It's clear that debates. No matter the subject never have a winner. You'd think from past experience you'd finally win but others still have their beliefs while we have ours. It's a fact that's been proven multiple times" I stated as a student raised her hand.

"So political debates are a waste of time?"

"I wouldn't say that, You're speaking how you feel about a topic or person. You root for a certain group or individual but the other person won't just side with you because you want them too. Plus I think it's pretty fun to make others stress out"

They laughed as the bell dismissed them.

"Alright make sure to have a great afternoon I'll see you all tomorrow"

I turned off the PowerPoint as they began walking out of the classroom.

I heard clapping and laughed as Blaire walked in. "You don't have to do that everyday"

"You're right I don't but I will, You're amazing I would've fell asleep on my own topic"

"That's because your intention span is the side of a walnut" I joked and she mimicked me.

"Well professor Gonzalez do I have to go and eat lunch alone again? Or are you finally free?"

"I have another class in five minutes you know that"

"It's not fair. I have no best friend because these snobby kids got accepted into Harvard"

I laughed. "You could always sit and watch one of my lectures"

"Wow listen to you teach about debates and the fascinating life of Individualism" She smiled. "Oh joy"

"Fine go eat burritos by yourself" I said as I switched to my second PowerPoint and the bell rang again.

"Oh the well educated people are here, Good luck"

I shook my head as she walked out and the students began to take their seats.

"I hope everyone had a good night's sleep because this I promise you even put me to sleep while making it."

**

I unlocked my apartment door before walking in and sitting my brief case on the ground. The point of having a job meant I couldn't live at home if I wanted to be close to my work place.

That also means I had to move to Massachusetts. Blaire came because she didn't want to be left alone again and now we're roommates.

That also means. I haven't spoke to Maurice. I haven't seen him or even heard of him. It was clear everyone else heard about our sudden break up and didn't want to mention him around me.

Zach hasn't been around either and shockingly I'm upset about that as well. Everything was good and I secretly wish it all went back to normal soon.

I sat down and opened my laptop receiving emails from my students asking me for advice on upcoming assignments and for more information.

Paisley.Nicole@Gmail.com: Sorry to bother you professor, I was wondering if you could help me with this really important opportunity I received.

Gonzalez.Faith23@yahoo.com: It's not a problem Paisley. What is the opportunity?

Paisley.Nicole@Gmail.com: I was asked to write about the need for affection. The damage it does and the positive influence it brings. Sorry if you can't help me.

I looked at the email and bit my lip debating on what to say. I have to answer since she's my student but then again if I give her my honest opinion I would turn her essay into a sad love story.

Gonzalez.Faith23@yahoo.com: Affection brings happiness. It makes you feel complete inside because someone else cares about you and will do anything to make you happy. Affection can be rough and it can be gentle. Someone can spend all of their lives fighting for affection/ love and then once they finally get it.. Take it for granted. Everyone needs affection even if they say they don't want it they still would need it to feel better and to smile and to escape a depressed state.. Someone once told me he'd yell to the roof tops he loved someone if it meant he could keep her. Everyone loves something. An animal, prized possession, family, friends. Affection is everywhere and those that try to push it away are left hurt and wanting to find another.

I sent it and closed my laptop not wanting to read her reply. I wiped my eyes and stood up and went to take a shower.

I went in the bathroom and turned the shower on waiting for it to get hot as I heard my laptop ding. Ignoring it I decided to close the bathroom door.

After getting out I slipped on my sweatpants and tank top then sat back down on the couch Criss cross while putting my laptop on my lap.

New Mail ✉

Imagining it was another one of my students I clicked it.

Anonymous

Hey, You probably don't want to talk to me because of what happened two months ago.. I wouldn't expect you to even reply if you knew who this was.

I spent a lot of time thinking and trying to find who I am. Trying to be my own person and finally not hate everyone and everything.

When you left it stuck to me like a arrow. Hell when you left I think the whole town felt it. It's my fault your life's not complete. It's my fault you don't have what you deserve.

I guess if you meet me face to face you can't ignore me. I moved to Massachusetts a couple weeks ago to start my new job. You'd be surprised what I do.

Anyway, Meet me at the café across the street from your apartment. I know you been there. Cafe's are like your secret cave.

~:-)

I read the email again trying to see if I know who it is. It couldn't have been Maurice.. He's been underground for a while. I know it isn't Zach. He couldn't have known I left.

Sucking it up I grabbed my jacket and zipped it up before grabbing my keys and walking out of the door.