Chapter |17|: Everything is just crashing down

Family. Have you ever looked up the definition of family and then looked up the definition of dysfunctional family? I have. And I can say the difference is easy to recognize.

Today is the start of July meaning two things. First Maurice and I haven't spoken since what happened at his parents mansion and now our deadline for the book is rolling up on us faster than it started.

I might be wrong because I haven't spoken to him but I just don't know what to say anymore. We have different lives when it comes to family.

He was born rich and got bullied by his family because he wouldn't be the perfect son.

While me, I was born not poor but not rich either. I got bullied for being the perfect daughter.

No I am not on his family's side because they were completely wrong but I don't condone Maurice's behavior either. Breaking something like that and knowing how they adored that vase. I'm surprised they didn't cut him off completely and they kicked him out of the internship like they could've and low-key should've for the longest.

"You've been writing on that computer for weeks, Do something" Mya said while walking in the room.

"I have nothing to do, This deadline is approaching" I replied not looking up at her.

"Yeah about that, Have you spoken to your boyfriend lately?"

I sighed. "No I have not, And am I planning on it? No I am not"

"You want to lose him that much?"

"Lose him?" I glanced at her. "I doubt I'm going to lose him"

She laughed. "You do? Okay well you were supposed to be there for him after the family drama and instead you're avoiding him"

I looked at her. "You know, So far the most I have been is trying to have fun. Well I can't continue to have fun. My future matters"

"You sound highly selfish"

"I do?" I asked while turning to look at her. "Because I don't see you doing anything when it comes to your career not a thing instead you're off with Zach doing God knows what"

"Zach and I don't do anything, And if you want to know what I do how about you ask me? And you are selfish because you two both got the opportunity to write but instead you're acting like you're better than everyone"

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my laptop. "I didn't say I'm better than everyone, That's how people make it seem"

"You're impossible"

I sighed as she slammed the door shut. Am I really selfish?

Maurice told me how he always felt like his mother would write something but never actually did what she wrote or expressed what she wrote. And slowly I'm doing the same thing.

"Damn it" I cursed as I got up and walked out of the building to find Maurice.

* * *