Chapter |21|: Forget the lies, It doesn't matter

Power.. Power can ruin someone, Power can sometimes make things better but for only a short amount a time. Power is a waste of life and a waste of time because it destroys anything in its path. I've always wondered how people could possibly write something meaningful but say things that is absolutely meaningless.

I remember the question I asked earlier. How do you win fate's game? Well you don't. You lose. You play and play until the game is over. Do you win? Can you tag another player in? No. Because fate's game is rigged and losing is the only option.

"Faith this book is amazing" The man who started Harvard said as he read it.

"Thank you so much. I put a lot of work into it and it's my first official book"

"Well it's amazing, How would you like to join us?"

I smiled excited. "That would mean so much to be a professor here."

"That's great. You and our very own new literature teacher should be great together"

"I can't wait to meet her"

"It's a him" I heard and I turned around seeing Maurice looking at me. I looked at him shocked not knowing what to say to him.

"I'll let you two get acquainted. Welcome on board Ms. Gonzalez"

I watched him walk out as Maurice and I looked at each other, Our eyes never moving. It's been four weeks maybe since what happened and I haven't spoken to anyone. Not Mya, Zach, Or Maurice. That night I followed Zach I almost slept with him but I stopped it. I thought of what happened with Hailey and I couldn't be the next person to do that. Instead I went home and cried to my mother. I cried and cried until I fell asleep.

Now here he is. My ex boyfriend staring at me.

"Stop looking at me" I said grabbing my bag as I stood up.

"It's the first time I've seen you in a while. Sorry it's shocking"

"It's the first and last time you're going to see me" I said walking out and he followed me.

"You have no reason to be upset with me"

"I don't?" I asked as I stopped walking. "Have you spoken to Zach?"

"Of course not, But that's two different things"

"It isn't. He betrayed you and you betrayed me. This isn't going to work"

"It will if you let it, Faith do you think I planned on being with you?"

"No Zach did. He told me everything"

"Exactly, Let's get back together and hate Zach"

"No Maurice no" I said going outside to my car.

"At least speak to me, Faith I'm sorry"

"When you can actually look your best friend in the eye and talk to him then I'll give you a chance to talk to me"