Chapter |32|: Two of a kind

Friends and family don't mix. But in my case it does. Can't trust anyone can only laugh at everyone~ Maurice Mitchell

Maurice

I looked at Zach as he paced back and forth talking on the phone. I think it's actually funny how slow he thinks I am. Both Faith and Zach. Of course I won't actually confront them about the sexual tension they keep leaving in the air. If I do that it'll only result in Faith apologizing and Zach pretending to be sorry.

Zach and I have always had a very.. Green relationship. If I got the opportunity to do something he'd sabotage me or find a way for us to be even. When I dated Hailey he found Draya and when Hailey and I first said we loved each other he dumped Draya because he wasn't ready to tell her that. Of course I kept him as my best friend despite his urge to outdo me.

Which is why this whole faith thing doesn't shock me. Of course his phone wasn't dead in the car and I heard the voicemails. Why didn't I confront Faith? Well that would just be dumb on my part. She'll cry and I will be the one who feels bad and tries to talk to her.

Why does every girl want Zach?

I don't know and I don't really care. I chose to believe it was because he's the guy who cheers up girls and I've always been the one they copied for homework.

Exhaling out of my nose my nostrils flared as I felt myself becoming angry.

"Back for another piercing already?" The worker at the tattoo shop asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I Just feel like I need a drastic change, Have you ever just felt like things were about to change really quickly?"

He laughed. "You wouldn't believe, What will it be today?"

I glanced at Zach again. "How much do eyebrow piercings cost?"

Zach

"Draya I don't know how you got my number but I'd appreciate it if you didn't call me"

"Why not? You're busy living in Maurice's shadow again?"

I fake laughed. "So funny, He lives in my shadow"

"Really? Because it doesn't seem that way. Aren't you gonna get tired of being jealous?"

I clenched my jaw. "Don't call me ever again"

I hung up as the bell from the shop rung and Maurice stepped out with his right eyebrow having two small rings in the corner.

"Seriously? You already have a tongue and nose piercing you had to get eyebrow too? What's next lip?"

He shrugged. "I just might do that, I heard tattoos and piercings are sexy on some guys"

I scoffed. "Trying to impress Faith?"

He raised his pierced eyebrow. "Think she wouldn't like it?"

"I never said that"

"Good" He said with a serious tone. "I doubt my girlfriend could find me irresistible even if I got my whole faced bedazzled"

I fake laughed. "Love birds, How did Draya get my number?"

He shrugged. "Do I look like I keep track of her?"

He walked past me and bumped my shoulder.

"Awe did J.K Rowling ignore your fan letter?"

He fake laughed. "You know Zach you are so funny I'm shocked being a comedian wasn't your first option. Screw DJ make people laugh"

"That's not funny, You know now I see why faith didn't see you being an author. Tattoos everywhere, Piercings everywhere. Who the hell would hire you?"

He clenched his jaw as his nose flared then he smiled and laughed. "You're right, That's why I'm taking a break from this author thing, Maybe I can be both sophisticated and a bad boy. High school Maurice can officially be known and you once again will be left in my shadows both hurt and confused, Your life must really suck"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

He tilted his head. "You don't understand? Faith, Hailey. My fucking parents! This well scripted hatred towards me. You must know what I'm talking about. Why else did you except the internship? Be honest you only went to bask in my limelight"

My jaw clenched. "I am not someone who basks in anyone's success I am my own person"

He laughed. "Your own person? Who exactly is Zachary Bradley?!"

"I am the guy who's gonna Finally get you to shut up"

"No, You are the guy who's tired. Tired of always being my.. " He flicked his tongue. "Bitch"

I clenched my fists. "Take that back"

He laughed. "Why? Are you going to fight me? In front of all these people who also see you as nothing more than a sidekick? Constantly copying my every move and every thought. Planning and scheming, Thinking. How the hell will I outdo Maurice Mitchell? It's impossible. I can go ahead and Just let you know that already from all your years of trying and failing. It's embarrassing"

I laughed. "It's embarrassing? No what's embarrassing is having two different girlfriend's wanting to have sex with me and completely ignore you and your feelings, I always win"

"Actually no, You think you always win. Faith will forever be drawn to me. You may try and mess with her brain but she isn't like Hailey. She's way smarter than her and as of right now I'm the only one who can actually tame her hormones. You were a theory that never got tested"

I smirked. "You really believe that"

"I know that, So this contest can continue and you can continue to fail because at the end I always win" He smiled. "Goodnight Zach"

I flicked him off as he jumped in his car and drove off hoping he got the last laugh but I promise that's not the case.