Chapter |8|: I'm here with..

"This is Maurice Mitchell and I am sitting here with Faith Gonzalez the youngest writer in the internship this year"

I sat in the café in the back as my hands started to sweat the more nervous I got. Zach managed to get everyone to leave since the owner is dating his brother.

Right now it's just us and the millions of questions Maurice has to ask.

"Faith I am going to ask you a series of questions, Are you ready?"

"Yes" I said and I looked at Zach who was holding the camera recording us.

"What would you call your motivation for writing?"

I licked my lips and sighed. "My mom."

"Something more deep"

"My mom was announced a breast cancer patient and I didn't know what to do. I spent weeks crying and blaming others for it but it wasn't their faults. It was no ones. One day I started writing. Writing and writing until all my anger was gone. Soon I became dependant on writing. That's what I fell in love with and that I believed would help me control my emotions"

Maurice smiled while looking into my eyes. "Next question, What was your first profession?"

"Singing"

"Can you sing?" He asked and I could tell this was for his own amusement.

"Yes I can, Will I? No. Next question"

"Biggest worry"

I froze at that question. I have plenty of worry's. I worry about everything.

"I worry, I worry that life will pass by as fast as I blink"

He smiled and proceeded asking questions as I answered opening up more and more. Each time I answered a question Maurice would either smile or something would flash in his eyes but I couldn't tell what.

"This is Faith Gonzalez and I am here with Maurice Mitchell, The famous youngest writer, That I can call myself a fan of"

He smirked.

"Alright first question, What inspired you to write?"

His face became dull within seconds and Zach looked at me like he wanted to cut the camera off and make me ask another question.

"My life, Entire life. My mom was a nightmare. A poet who should've followed the words she wrote. And my dad. My dad made me believe guys didn't write. We played sports. My hidden talent was singing as well. He took that. He took it" He trailed off and I was about to tell Zach to cut the camera off but Maurice grabbed my hand catching me off guard.

"I. I write to fill the void. I write because it's all I ever had"

It was quiet for a while and I cleared my throat to break the silence.

"Next question, Biggest fear"

He looked at me and again something flashed but this time. For the first time.

He didn't smirk.

He smiled.

"My biggest fear is that my secret never comes out"

"What secret?" I asked and he shrugged. "It's a secret"

"We've finished" Zach said while cutting the camera off.

"Thank you so much, Can you leave us?"

He hesitated but nodded and walked out leaving Maurice and I.

"What was that?"

"You asked me a question, I answered"

"What secret do you have?"

"It's my business"

"But-"

"You are my partner, And friend. But this secret. It'll ruin everything" He assured me before getting up and walking out.

* * *

"This is amazing" Gabriel smiled clearly over joyed.

"It took a lot of effort. And we want to use this as the opening to promote our book"

"Sounds fair. Well I can put this on the television by tonight. more like an important broadcast. It will seem live. But you two need to focus on that book" He smiled and I nodded but Maurice spoke before I could.

" I promise you it will"

He nodded and left us alone.

"I've been thinking" Maurice said and I looked at him.

"Yeah? About what?"

"I'm taking you out"

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"I'm taking you out, I mean. Mya and Zach already are going as dates for this event I got invited to. Wanna be my date?"

I looked at him speechless.

"Wow, Like a date?"

He laughed. "I called you smart last week, Let's not make me regret that"

There's that arrogant bastard I know.

"Yeah I'll go"

"Great" He stood up and leaned closer to my ear. "Dress to impress"

I looked at him and he kissed my forehead. "Bye sweetheart"

Did he just?

He just.

Wow.