Chapter |11|: The truth is that I..

Can you define emotions? I think not. Emotions are uncontrollable. Sometimes it's better to hide them. But then sometimes it's better to let them come out, You never know who's emotions match yours ~ Maurice Mitchell

Maurice

"Yes mother, I still feel like you visiting isn't such a good idea"

The fact that I can't get along with my mother isn't the problem. The problem is that she doesn't want us to get along. When I try to Cope with her all she does is find another reason to upset me which is another reason I'm a brick wall. Why be open when someone rather have you closed.

"Oh darling what's the big deal? Besides I heard about your little stunt with the water balloons. Do you need mommy to hold your hand for you?"

I rolled my eyes and Zach shook his head knowing my mother most likely said something rude like I'm a child or something. Perhaps I am her child but I'm not a child.

There's a difference.

"Yeah? Well that was for research"

"Research on what? How to get kicked out of your only opportunity to become as great as me? You want that to happen again? Being a Mitchell-"

"Doesn't mean you have to be dull mother, Don't you ever wonder what fun is?"

"Fun? I have fun everyday when I get an email saying another million has been added to my net worth"

"Money, Is that all you focus on?"

"It's something you should Focus on. Prancing around like you're a regular person. Well you're not. The Mitchell family has always been-"

"Rich and powerful I know, But that's not what I want to be known as, You raised me with the right grammar and I have that. Not once have I spoken like you treated me not to. Never said ain't or gonna a day in my life so you can stop trying to continue raising me" I said going towards the window seeing Faith walking towards the building allowing a smirk to form on my face.

"I will raise you until you're smart and don't do stupid things. Besides what would you like to be known as? A person who doesn't know how to use his talent?"

"We have this conversation every day and I am not going to continue to rant about my feelings to you, Yes I understand by now I should be a known writer like J.K Rowling but I'm not, People know me. People are interested in what I have to say"

"People were interested, Until you decided to do what you did"

My face hardened and Zach looked at me knowing I was going to either throw something, curse my mother out and hang up or punch another hole in my precious gray wall which I just got fixed.

But instead I did neither. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"You're right"

"What?"

"You are absolutely right mother, matter of fact I would like if you did visit that would be very delightful. But you won't be coming until the very end of summer. That's when we get the diploma and that's when our future is set. You may come then when all the other family does"

It was quite so I knew she crossed her arms. "Very well, I'll see you then"

"Goodbye mother"

"I love-"

I hung up and looked at Faith who was standing in the doorway watching me. I know I hung up on my mother. Someone who was about to say she loves me but she doesn't. Not at all no matter how many times she will say it she doesn't love me.

No one does.

"What are you doing here?" I asked snapping her back into reality.

"Well I was going to suggest we get started on your book. The deadline is in a month or so"

"Right, Well read to me what you have so far?"

She looked at Zach who smirked and walked out the room leaving just us.

"I'm supposed to read to you?"

I clapped my hands together and tilted my head. "That is what I said faith"

"Fine" She sighed before opening her laptop and clicking her files.

I Remember being that one person who couldn't

"I don't like how you started it" I interrupted and she looked up at me.

"Well please give me your very productive opinion"

"Okay, This is our book, Meaning I didn't go through what you did. Start it trying to grab attention. Not to bore us with your life story"

She groaned and erased it then typed something else.

"Read it"

Experience, Experience is something people urge to have. Fun, Fun is something people want to have. Excitement, Excitement is something people live to feel.

Feeling all those things at once is a thrill that nothing can compare to. Rather it's pulling pranks or hanging out with people that love you, That you love

I looked at her not listening anymore. Did she just say that you love?

My only friend has always been Zach and even then when we were younger I refused to talk to him anymore over some very not mentionable things.

A girl.

It was over a girl.

"Stop" I said and she looked at me confused.

"What?"

Damn.

Have you ever talked to someone for so long but you didn't realize how amazing they looked or are. That's how I feel right now.

"You, You actually love me?"

She tilted her head. "I love all of my friends"

Friends.

I smiled trying to break the tension. "You're right, Me too"

She nodded and closed the laptop. "What happened with your mom?"

"Hmm? Oh she just wants to visit"

"That's really interst-"

"Go out with me" I blurted out and she looked at me with her eyes wide.

"W-What?"

I sighed and licked my lips. "Will you go out with me? Like a date. Will you go on a date with me?"

She looked at me speechless just staring at me like she didn't know what to say.

I dropped my head.

"Never mi-"

"Yes I'll go out with you"