Chapter 41

Editing
Damon is a complete asshole. Im gonna like sacrifice myself and he won't even talk to me! "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah says. I take off my jacket and sit down. "The twins said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan asks. I get up annoyed. Elijah sorta explains it to him while I get a drink. "Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon pulls me put of my haze. I look over to him and lean on the bookshelf.

"We can kill him today. With Bonnie." Damon says. "Damon." Stefan says. "No Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena says and I nod taking a sip of bourbon. "I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon says. I scoff. "Its not an option Damon." Elena and I say. "All right. How exactly do we break this curse?" Stefan asks. "Well the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients so to speak, you already know." Elijah says.

"The moonstone." Stefan says. "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell Thats bound within the stone. After that Klaus being both vampire and werewolf will sacrifice one of each." Elijah says. "And where do we fit in?" I ask. "You see Elena is the first Petrova doppelganger since she was born first-" he starts. How did he know that? "The final part of the ritual. Klaus will drink the blood of the first Petrova doppelganger Elena. Emma you're a doppelganger but not the first so you're extra power. He will also drink your blood. To the point of your deaths." Elijah says calmly.

I sigh. Stefan takes Elena's hand and I drown my whiskey. "And Thats where you come in." I say. "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina and Kayleana. It possesses Mystical properties of resuscitation." Elijah says. "So we'll be dead?" Elena asks. "And then you won't." Elijah sends a look my way. I eye him. This elixir only works for one person. Elena. Not me I'm dying no matter what. I plan on keeping this a secret. Elijah plans to honor my trust in him and not tell.

I don't need Elena doing anything stupid. "Thats your plan?!" Damon starts. "A magical witch potion with no expiration date? You both wanna come back to life. What about John and Jeremy's ring?" Damon asks. "Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgangers a supernatural occurrence. Odds are the rings won't work." Elijah says and I sit on the couch bored. "I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work?" Damon asks Elena and me. "Shit then I guess we'll be dead." I shrug.

Damon looks at me then at Stefan. Damon walks away. "Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Elena asks. "Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight he will." Elijah responds.
---------
I'm walking around the house. I groan and grab the wall. Someone lift's me up and holds me. I look up. Elijah. "When do you plan on telling them?" He asks. "What about?" I ask and groan. A couple seconds later my upper chest stops hurting. I stand up normally. "About the elixir." he says. "I was thinking later from my grave." I sigh. "And what about the other thing?" he asks. "What other thing?" I ask dumbly.

"I know you're sick Emmilia." he says. I sigh. "Never. Thats why I'm giving Elena this elixir. Why would I take it when Elena can." I respond. "Tis true but don't you owe it to them the truth?" Elijah asks. "No. What does it matter I'm going to die anyway. Now if you'll excuse me." I say and walk away. Why does Elijah bring out the politeness in me?
-----------
Elena and Elijah are talking when I hear a slam. "Get out!" I hear Jenna yell. I look up. "Jenna put the cross bow down it's me!" I see Jenna holding a cross bow at Alaric. I snort and Elena shoots me a glare. I cough to cover it up. "What's going on?" I ask. "Stay away from me!" Jenna says. "Its me Elena! I swear its me. He let me go Klaus let me go!" Alaric says. "Prove it." Damon says. "Ok uh. First night you and I spent together Jeremy walked in right when I was about to-" Ric starts.