Chapter 22

Edited'
I wince as Jenna tightens the corset around me. These things hurt. Last night I didn't tell Jenna about the swelling in my brain. Or the blackouts. I put on a necklace that Caroline gave me. The best thing of having a best friend. They buy you stuff. Ugh I have to tell her that I'm adopted.

I slip on the bracelet Serial killer Stefan gave me. Haven't used that nickname in a while. Ha! He really is a serial killer, okay not really.

I really hope I don't blackout today. "These hurt like hell." I say as Jenna ties a ribbon thing around my waist. "Suck it up babe." Jenna says and pins some of my hair back. I knew I shouldn't of done the Miss Mystic Falls thing because I'm stuck riding on the float with Tyler.

Were suppose to be dressed like the people in the 1800's or something because that's when our town originated I think. Jenna steps away from me. "Emma you look hot." Jenna says. "I don't know if hot would be the word. I don't think they used hot back then. Maybe beautiful." I say.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and gasp. I look exactly like the picture of Katherine that Stefan has. Holy cheese I turned into Katherine. It looks even worse because my hair is straight. Fuck.

Oh no this is bad. This is terrible. I have my arms out cause I can't really put them down since the stupid dress. "Thank you Jenna. I gotta go meet Elena. I think I'm late and you know Elena." I smile. I start to walk away but soon fall. "You have to holdup your dress when you walk or you'll fall." Jenna laughs. I turn around as she extends a hand. I grab it. "Yup kinda got that." I say as I get up. I pick up my dress and walk to the door.

I stare at the stairs in horror. How am I suppose to get down this?! "Good luck." Jenna says and walks down the stairs like its no biggie. "You could help!" I yell as she gets down. I finally reach the bottom after three minutes. THREE MINUTES! Normally it would take like three seconds.

"You look..." Elena starts. "Just like your dead vampire boyfriends dead vampire ex girlfriend." I say and smile. "It looks a little creepy." Elena says. "I know!" I say. "Did you talk to Jeremy last night?" Elena asks. "Um well I don't think I did but I could've I mean you never know. Or I never know." I say.

"We gotta tell Jenna about it." Elena says. "Yea." I say. But why is it such a big deal. It'll go away. "Well Jeremy basically told me that he hates me for what we did." Elena says. "I didn't even want him to know." Elena adds. "Well he did and there's nothing we can do about it." I shrug. "So who's your escort on the float today?" Elena asks. "I decided on Tyler." I shrug like its not big deal.

"I was wondering could you tell Jenna as we're in the car?" I ask. "Why me?" she asks. "Well I don't know it's not a bug deal to me." I say. "Come on we don't wanna be late." Jenna hands Elena her bag. "How the hell am I suppose to fit in the car?!" I ask. They both laugh and get in the car.

"So Jenna there's something I need to tell you." I start. "Elena." I say. "What's the whole point of saying that you need to tell me if your going to make Elena tell me?" Jenna asks. Elena looks back at me from the front of the car and grabs my hand.

In a second my mind looks at her hand and I my mind blocks out the voices and suddenly I hear my scream and a car splashing into the water. I hear my dad telling us that everything's going to me okay.

"Emma why didn't you tell me?" someone asks. "Emma?" I hear. "Emma." someone shakes me. I blink a couple of times and were at the place where the float it taking place. "When did we get here?" I ask. "This is what happens she spaces out." Elena says to Jenna. "Can we talk about whatever we were talking about later?" I ask.