A Different Perspective Pt. 2 {73}

Start from the beginning

I vaguely remembered reading somewhere that the social worker assigned to her case was Mrs Defrenta.

"So that's when I was admitted into the foster home, for possible adoption. But everyone knew the chances of a 16 year old being adopted was rare. Plus I had baggage. I was the girl who never ate, never slept, and who had dead parents"

I kissed her temple when she said this. It killed me to see her talk about herself like that. She shuddered in my arms seeming to recall a bad memory.
I remember researching the foster home she was sent to. They had rumors of using feeding tubes to force feed the children there. I didn't think that it was actually true since they were rumors.

Anger coursed through my blood. If what I read about that was true then I wouldn't rest till that adoption agency was gone. I will destroy anyone that had anything to do with torturing Delilah. What kind of fucking adoption agency does shit like that. I calmed myself down and let her continue talking.

"I didn't eat and it would be bad business if I died on them. So they tried to force feed me. They shoved tubes down my mouth and slipped drug into my system to make me sleep" her voice cracked and I looked down to see her crying.

All my anger melted as I saw her tears. I kissed them away and hugged her tighter, trying to focus on making her feel better. I finally understood why people gave other that were hurting sympathy. In this moment all I wanted to do was kiss away her pain and apologize to her. But I knew that receiving sympathy was the worse so I kept my mouth shut to let her finish talking.

"Mrs Defrenta caught them doing it." That I did not know. I would definitely have to reward the woman with something. "She threatened them and they stopped. I instead went to therapy. This is so hard to talk about" she sobbed into my chest.

I clenched my arms around her and said, "We can take a break and you will tell me more later" I just needed her to stop crying.

"No. I want to tell you this. It's hard but I want you to know because I trust you Ian. And you need to know all the ugliness about me before you decide you actually want to be with me"

"Baby your past can't keep me away from you. Everyone has a past" Even me. I wanted to add but I kept my mouth shut.

"I went to therapy for a whole year and it was the best thing I ever did. For months during my one hour with Dr Huang I didn't say anything. I just sat there and he did the same. During those months I couldn't sleep. Whenever I would, all I could dream about were their dead bodies." she physically shivered and I looked into her eyes to see them glazed over. She was reliving the moments.

"It was fucking awful. I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone. Nobody understood me but Dr. Huang. He was the best damn thing that ever happened to me. He saved me from myself" it pained me to think that the one person who saved my girl was now dead from a heart attack. He died shortly after Delilah first met Wilkins. I didn't say anything since I wasn't sure she knew. The way her eyes lit up when she thought about him made me question whether anyone told her.

"We talked about it all. The nightmares, the eating, the hallucinations. Everything" I remembered reading that Delilah was diagnosed with PTSD. Of course PTSD is not curable but she conquered it to an extent.

"It hurt to talk about it but I felt so much better after. That one hour a day that I got soon became what what looked forward to. I started to slowly build myself up. I learned that I couldn't depend on anyone but myself"

This was why she was so adamant about me not getting her things. She was used to being independent that she didn't want to let anyone support her. Could this be the reason why she refused to use Wilkins money?