Trapped In a Lie {34}

This was the wrong time for me to take a gulp of my water. The shock of her words caused the water to go down the wrong pipe and I felt tears water my eyes. I coughed and winced when I felt Gabby's hand hit my back.

After recovering from my choking fit, I opened my mouth to correct Gabby. Before I could talk Melissa had her arms around me and she apologized for being rude.

"I'm so happy he finally met someone. I kept telling him it's time to get a serious girlfriend"

"Mel you should see the way he looks at her" Gabby added.

What way is she talking about? Is she referring to him looking at me through his cold brown eyes because that's certainly nothing to be bragging about.

"You guys have it wrong. He's not-" I was interrupted by the race that Mike and Mr McKinley were having. It was very different to see Mr McKinley with his family...he was actually having fun.

Mike had a water gun and he sprayed it around the pristine kitchen. After making contact with Melissa's white off-shoulder lace romper she got a cup of water and poured it over Mike wetting the floor in the process.

I jumped back as I felt a cool liquid slide down my neck and into my back. I jumped up in shock and turned around to see Mr McKinley. I couldn't believe he sprayed me, thinking quickly I grabbed the water gun from his hands before sprinting to the other side of the kitchen. I followed Gabby as she opened the sliding doors and ran into the open backyard.

I could hear Mr McKinley behind me and the screams of Melissa so I knew Mike was also in the backyard. We were five adults having a water gun fight in the morning.

I ran as fast as I could and I found a big tree to hide behind. I looked out from the left side of the tree to see Mike shooting both Gabby and Melissa. Before I could have the chance to go help them out Mr McKinley found me.

He pushed me up against the tree and tried to get the gun out of of my hand. Since my reflexes were so quick today I was able to slip through and I ran through the open grass field not knowing exactly where I was running to. The grass started to get longer and I stopped wondering whether or not I had ran too far since I couldn't hear any more screams of joy.

I felt someone tackle me onto the ground and we rolled around in the grass for a while till the attacker placed their arms on each side of my head, steadying us.

I saw the familiar brown eyes looking at me. I was lost in his eyes and I didn't notice him leaning closer to me till I could feel our mouths hovering over each other. His lips were pink and his minty breath fanned my face.

I surprised myself when I pulled my boss's head closer to mine as as I kissed him. I knew it was wrong but it felt so right. Mr McKinley pushed me back against the ground as he leaned his weight on to to his hands keeping most of it from me.

My subconscious reminded me of what happened the last time. Breaking from the kiss I whispered, "Maybe we shouldn't do this. Remember what happened the last time?" It was so hard to say those words since I just wanted to go back to his soft lips.

His lips traveled to my jaw and down my neck. I groaned slightly as he sucked on neck. I tried to push his head but using his hands he pinned my arms down on the grass. This caused his body to fall into mine and he let out a moan as our bodies molded together.

His lips went back into my mouth and he sucked my bottom lip asking for permission. I parted my lips and let his tongue into my mouth. My hands found their way into his hair and I gripped it tightly as his tongue massaged mine in slow sensual circles.

I bit his lip gently and he groaned into my mouth and the sound sent a wave of pleasure through my body. Letting go of my wrists his hands traveled to my waist.

"I found them!" Gabby screamed.

"Shit" he mumbled and looked up to the intruders.

Mr McKinley's hand on my waist froze and he rolled to lay on the other side of me. We looked up to see the smirking faces of his siblings just a couple of feet away.

I covered my face in embarrassment at being caught making out with their brother.

"Get up love bugs. We got things to do" Mike snickered

I got up and dusted myself off. My shirt was wet and I was thankful that the water didn't get into my white tank top. I followed behind Melissa and Gabby as they talked about how cute me and Mr McKinley were. Ian and Mike were a far behind us and I was too busy thinking about this kiss to even correct his sisters.

When we entered through the sliding doors we saw a lady hunched over using the coffee machine. She had on a purple silk robe with matching slippers.

"Ma?" Ian asked

The lady turned around to reveal a set of beautiful blue eyes. Now I knew where Mike and Melissa and Gabby got their eye color from. Her thin and fragile features contrasted against her sparkling blue eyes.

"Ian! Mon chéri! Come here" Mr McKinley walked over to his mother before giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

After their embrace she noticed me and questioned, "Well who's this young lady?"

"It's Ian's girlfriend ma" Melissa gushed

Mr McKinley turned his head to me and quickly turned his head back to his mother who was squeezing the life out of him. The look on her face made me want to pretend to be his girlfriend just to keep the smile on her face.

"I'm so happy. My prayers have been answered. I'm soo happy you finally got serious and ready to settle down." She said before giving Mr McKinley another hug.

She walked over to me and grabbed my hands. "What's your name dear?"

"Delilah ma'am"

Giving me a laugh she said, "Call me Celeste you're family now" and she enveloped me in a hug.

"Now who wet wet my floors!" she said pointing at the water on the floors

Mr McKinley walked over to me and whispered in my ear, "What have you done?"

After a couple more minutes of conversation, Mr McKinley interrupted the conversation by saying, "I just need to talk to....my girlfriend for a minute."

I received a wink from Melissa as Mr McKinley dragged me away. We walked up the staircase and stopped at the space where the two stairs joined.

"What the hell were you thinking!?"

"I didn't do this this on purpose! Me and Gabby were in the kitchen when Melissa asked who I was and Gabby said we were dating. Before I could deny it you and Mike run in with the water guns" I defended

"Then they find us in the grass. It even looks like we are dating. You don't understand how long my mom has wanted me to settle down. She made me promise that my next girlfriend I introduced to the family would be my future wife. She's going to be crushed when I tell her the truth."

"Fine then let's not tell her. I can pretend to be your girlfriend for your mom. Then after today is over we just go back to our normal routine. It's not like I'm going to see your mom again after today anyways"

Mr McKinley looked at me before replying with, "Fine that might just work. Don't blow our cover since this is your fault."

Before I could respond he was already down the stairs. "Mr McKinley!" I whispered.

"Call me Ian not Mr McKinley. Right now I'm your boyfriend not your boss." he waited for me at the bottom of the stairs and placed his arm around my waist as we walked back to the kitchen.