Ex's & Ohs {28}

"Hello, Mr McKinley's phone." I stated

"Who's this" came back a snarky voice.

"Who's this?" I responded with just as much attitude.

"Give the phone to Ian. I don't have time for this."

"Unfortunately I can't. Can I take a message?"

"No you cannot. Where is he? Give him the phone. It's an emergency."

I covered the speaker of the phone with my hand before whispering to Mr McKinley, "Contact name Ally wants to speak to you. Says it's an emergency. Should I put it on speaker?"

With a nod of his head I pressed the speaker button

"What is it Ally" Mr McKinley cold voice greeted her. It made me feel good knowing that Mr McKinley was smiling at me just a few minutes before she called.

That moment was soon over lived when Ally said the next words "Ian I missed you. You haven't been calling me back"

"Ally stop I already told you that we are over.We are just not compatible. I gotta go. Don't call me again or I'm blocking your number. Hang up"

Following his directions I hung up the phone and slid the phone back into its compartment.

"Ex-girlfriend?" I questioned

"Yea and she can't take the hint."

"How long were you guys together?"

"I don't know"

"You don't know? Did you even care about her?" I started to sympathize for Ally. She didn't deserve to be talked about like this.

"No."

"Then why date her"

"Ms Suren don't ask questions about my love life."

"Sorry sir I just assumed that with all the personal questions you asked me that as your Personal Assistant I could ask you one in return" I said as I turned my body to face the other way with my back facing Mr McKinley. I looked out the window not caring if my hair was going to look like a mess.

I was getting really sick of him. He asked me personal questions that I felt uncomfortable with all the time but I couldn't ask him anything. A part of me was hoping that Mr McKinley would apologize.

I knew that would never happen since Mr McKinley was a rude man with no feelings. Mr McKinley pulled up to the corner of the street and he parked right in front of a building titled Monteverde.

The time in the car showed that it was 11:07. The black and white building seemed like a great place to eat and I was glad to see that it wasn't crowded. I checked in the car mirror and using my hands I adjusted my hair to make sure it didn't look like a mess. Surprisingly it looked better since now I had the windswept, tousled, curly look.

After parking Mr McKinley put the roof back over the car. Then when he took out his keys from the ignition he opened his door before stepping out of the car. I knew better than to wait for Mr McKinley to open my door so I opened it myself and carefully stepped out.

I pulled the top part of my dress down since I felt like it had risen up from me sitting and walked near Mr McKinley. After making sure the car was locked he placed his hand on my waist and guided me towards the entrance.

When we stepped through the doors, the wooden floors and antique vibe made me feel overdressed. But when I took a look at the endless wine bottles that adorned the walls, and looked at other people wearing dresses I knew that I looked fine.

We saw a man sitting down in the corner of the restaurant and judging by the bald head I knew it was Daymond. After seeing us Daymond stood up and when we were in close enough distance he smiled at us. After Daymond shook Mr McKinley's hand he pulled me in for a hug. After exchanging pleasantries we all took our seats

There was a wooden table separating me and Daymond and to my left was Mr McKinley.

"You look absolutely breathtaking Delilah"

"Thank you" I said with a smile on my face, "How did you know that my name is Delilah? If my drunken memories serve me right I told you my name was Deli"

"I had my people look into it"

"Should I feel honored?" I said back with a smile

Letting out a laugh Daymond continued, "The big shocker here is how you're not calling me Diamond"

"Ugh I called you that. I apologize for anything that I said while I was under the influence"

"Don't apologize it's fine. You made the night go a lot quicker."

"Trust me that was the drinks" I said as I looked towards the window. I could feel Mr McKinley's burning gaze through my peripheral vision.

Just in time the waiter came by with menus. Mr McKinley and Daymond decided on getting the Turista Menu which was a four course dinner. The waiter quickly scurried into the back and a couple of seconds later he came sprinting back with new menus.

Daymond explained that I had to pick one from each category. The first category was called Antipasto. Which meant a light dish and I decided to get a Chicken Salad while Mr McKinley and Daymond both got a cheese and meat platter.

Then for the next course, Prima which meant pasta dish I got a shrimp pasta with garlic bread, Mr McKinley got the same and Daymond picked a meaty lasagna.

The third course was called Secondo which stood for meat/fish dish. I picked an Italian meat stew with rice, Mr McKinley picked the Italian boneless pork chops. While Daymond picked the chicken with veggies. For the last course which was dessert we all decided to get the Chocolate Tiramisu.

A couple of minutes after the waiter left a new one came in with the wine that we ordered. This wine was a white wine and it was crisp and cool. It reminded me of my apple juice.

"The light and crisp taste will balance perfectly with our dishes" Daymond stated

"Have you been here before?"

"Yea. It was my favorite restaurant when I was a kid and I love it even more now."

"It's certainly decorated beautifully."

Nodding his head Daymond looked to Mr McKinley, "So Ian what made you hire Delilah"

"It was an old favor that I owed someone"

Rolling my eyes I couldn't help but say, "Yeah this 'someone' is the one that started your whole business. If it wasn't for this 'someone' you would not be where you are now"

"Ms Suren I don't know how many time you want me to say it. But I am grateful for Wilkins. But all my success is not due to him. He gave me a loan it was up to me to build my company up"

"Are you being serious? He built your company for you. He was the one who made the big decisions for you, so don't you dare say that you built the company."

Looking back at Daymond, Mr McKinley said,"Excuse us for one moment Daymond"

Mr McKinley walked out of his seat and pulled me from mine before walking towards another door in the far corner of the room The door opened up to a short hallway with two doors on each side leading to bathrooms.

"What have I told you about embarrassing me in front of people" his cold voice said

"You embarrassed me! You made it seem like I don't have qualifications for the job. I know the only reason why you even considered giving me the job was because of my uncle but but I know that I'm a damn good PA and you kno-" he cut me off by pushing me against the wall of the hallway as his hot breath fanned my face.

I lost my train of thought and all I could do was stare into his brown eyes. With his hand on the back of my neck Mr McKinley guided my face towards his.