The Charity Gala Pt. 3 {61}

A/N
Thank you @awesomegal2003 for the amazing cover!

*****

Ian looked furious as he stared at the auctioneer. I was led of the stage and I waited in another room as the other girls went up. The time passed by in a blur as I waited for the auction to finish. Gabby and Melissa chatted but I was too distracted to pay attention to them.

After all the girls had a dance partner, the lights dimmed out as we were guided to the dance floor. The people who participated in the auction were waiting and they grabbed their dates hand as we walked past.

Finn's hand found mine in the crowd and I followed him to the center of the dance floor.

"This is a $28,000 dance. You better make it worth it." he teased

I smiled in response and placed my hands on his neck. I had no clue how I was supposed to ballroom dance, "I apologize in advance incase I hurt you"

"I'm sure you are not that bad" a few minutes later my heel stepped into his feet and he backed away from me and mumbled curses under his breath.

"Damn Lilah! That hurt!" he exclaimed. The dancers around us turned their head towards his shouting and I quickly walked over to him.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. Maybe we should just sit down?"

"No. I paid $28,000 for this dance. We are finishing it."

He grabbed my hands in his and got us back in the proper position. This time I kept my eyes on my feet so that I wouldn't step on him.

I was getting the hang of it and I looked up to see the eyes of Ian staring straight at me. How long was he looking at me, I wondered idly.

Once again, Finn backed away from me after I stepped on his foot and this time his curse was very loud.

"Sorry. Sorry." I apologized profusely.

"Lilah these shoes are expensive! It's not even that hard to dance. Do you have two left feet or something" he yelled in my face, "What a waste of money" he whispered under his breath.

I pulled my hands away from him when he tried to start dancing again, "I apologized for stepping on your feet. I also told you that we should sit down because I don't know how to dance but you insisted on dancing. And if you think that donating $28,000 to help children in need is a waste of money then me being with you is a waste of my time."

I glared at him before walking away. Ian and Valentina were dancing and they looked perfect and graceful. We kept our eyes on each other and our eye contact was broken as I stepped past him.

I didn't know where I was supposed to go so I walked out of the room and kept walking down the hall. I was walking around for at least five minutes before I realized that I didn't know where I was.

After walking down the dark hallway I finally found a door. I opened it up to a room that resembled a dressing room. There were hangers filled with clothing and I found an empty couch and sat down on it.

I didn't want to go back to the gala so, I made myself comfortable. I took out my clutch and pulled out my vibrating phone. Finn was trying to call me and I quickly hit the decline button. I just needed some time to myself.

Ian's words drifted into my head. He's not a good guy. He's not whoever you think he is. I shook his voice out of my head and walked around the moderately sized room. I found some shawls and I placed them around my neck as I played around in it.

I did that for the next thirty minutes and when my phone started vibrating again, I automatically pressed the decline button.

I continued to shuffle through the closet. While I looking I found a radio. I pulled it out and turned it on. There was already a CD inside and and I pressed play and the loudness of the radio surprised. I quickly looked for the volume button but I struggled to find it.