Chapter 5: Merchants

Börja om från början

"When are my glasses going to be done?" I asked him.

"Tomorrow." he said. I sighed and tried to set the weight to 50, being that it was the lowest. I stood back up and got on and started. My legs and thighs were hurting after a while but I didn't mind the burn. After a while we were about to switch to the treadmills when someone called out to Kash.

"Yo' Kash!" someone called out. When I turned around I was staring at the most amazing Caucasian guy I have ever seen. I mean the dreamiest white guy. He had olive colored skin and was tall and muscular. He had short blond hair that looked like he took some gel and slicked the front up. It was messy and nice looking. He has light blue eyes that seem so cold all while being welcoming and seducing. I looked at his thin red lips and straight nose and the dimple he had on his left cheek. He slapped hands with Kash as I looked at his crispy clean white shirt and red basketball shorts and expensive sneakers.

Kash whispered something to him and he looked at me. The guy walked over to me and smiled at me. "Hi, I'm London." he said.

"I'm Cammie." I said to him.

"Cam." Kash said.

I felt a little jolt of courage and looked at Kash, "It's Cammie." I said. London laughed.

"How can you think she's annoying?" London asked.

"Because of that." Kash said.

"No, she just doesn't take shit_. Do you?" he asked me. I shook my head.

"It's all a facade. She's shy but then she wants to get mouthy because she doesn't know it all." Kash said.

"Oh, she doesn't?" London asked him. Kash shook his head. London smiled at me and took his right arm and put it on the side of my face and pulled me to him. 'Aww, but she's so little." he said in a fake voice.

"Has that ever been a problem before? Bonnie is only 20." Kash said walking to the weight room.

London walked with me, still with his arm around me but he stroked my hair. "Lighten up a bit. You're always so mean and serious." London told him.

"Not as bad as Castillo." Kash said.

"True, but be nicer to her. She's a sweetie." London said. I wanted to smile and hug London...well them both. I have never gotten attention before.

"But you don't see how she really is. She's always asking questions." Kash said picking up two dumbbells.

"You want an intelligent woman and you don't want her to talk?" London asked him. Kash sucked his teeth.

London whispered loudly to me, "Don't worry about him. His head is so far up his ass_." he laughed. I laughed a little bit and Kash looked at me. "Since you can't stand her, we'll leave you and go over to the bikes." London said pulling me over.

He got on one bike and I got on the other. "He shouldn't do that." London said pedaling.

"Do what?" I asked him.

"Not let you in on things that are going on." he said. This was my chance to get all the answers I needed. Am I being dragged into some prostitution business and I'm not aware of it?

"So if I ask you questions, you'll answer me honestly?" I asked him.

"If you ask me questions and I don't want to answer them I won't. But I'll tell you what you need to know and lie about the rest." he smiled at me.

I looked at him and he laughed, "I'm joking. Calm down.' he said.

"Ok...so. What exactly do you guys do? Like what's your occupation?" I asked him.