"People look very nice," I stated, "Very nice."

"What do you mean, half of them look either depressed or angry."

I laughed, "Richie! Don't be mean."

"It's true." he chuckled.

I giggled, "Do you want them all, to be smiling like a bunch of Chucky dolls?"

"If I didn't know what this gala was for, with the amount of makeup some of these people are wearing, I'd presume that this was a painting contest." he joked.

"You are so mean." I smiled.

"I thought I was sweet?" he chuckled.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes playfully, smiling, "Why are you bashing everyone?"

"I'm sorry. I'll stop. But I'm speaking the truth."

"Yeah, okay. Whatever." I chuckled.

"That's not a no." he winked.

Just as he said that, I spotted Gareth from afar, staring at me. He, of course, looked away when he saw me looking but then made his way over, with his date.

"Charlotte," he said softly, "Hi."

I smiled politely, "Gareth. Hello."

He stared at me with some look in his eyes, before shortly introducing his date.

"Oh, um..this is my date," he said quickly, "Uh..."

"Hi, I'm Elizabeth Niknot." she smiled.

"Nice to meet you Elizabeth. I'm Charlotte Derrson, and this is.." I directed my hands to Richie.

"Richie Pryo." Richie smiled.

"I know you! It's so great to meet you." she gushed.

"Thank you, nice to meet you too, Elizabeth."he responded.

Richie then shook hands with Gareth and said the same thing.

"Come on babe let's find somewhere to sit down," I heard her say to him as I stiffened, "My cats are purring."

What in the hell?

I didn't catch his facial expression, but still figured that he probably didn't want me to know about his 'girlfriend' I would assume. Even though they say that assuming isn't a good thing.

"Why don't we all sit together?" Richie suggested.

I groaned inside. Really Richie?

"Sure," Elizabeth replied turning around.

We looked around, until we found another table, and seated with two other couples, which we had mingled with earlier. While we were seated, the couples at the table were all chatted up except for Gareth and Elizabeth, who were busy talking among themselves. Shortly afterward, Rhiannon whispered in his ear. After she said what was needed, he smiled, and she kissed his cheek. His cheeks warmed moments later. I looked down quickly and hadn't noticed that Richie had been observing me the entire time.