chapter seven

↣chapter seven; p.o.v of charlotte (rene ray above)

2:40 p.m 

 I was pulling out of the Waterloo Gardens Tea house, as Jane held my phone smiling like a maniac reading through texts, between Gareth and I.

"I feel it." Jane said crazily, "He will ask you out soon-I know it."

"I think you had a little too much coffee." I responded.

"He will, he will! This is such a cuteness overload."

"Goodness me," I sighed, "I don't even know if I was supposed to show you the texts. "

"Oh please, either way, I would've found out."

I rolled my eyes, "You'll act weird I know it."

"Oh please," she said, "I will not. Stop worrying."

I parked, "You better not. Or-"

"You won't do anything. You're too lazy for that." she laughed, "But if you were to-you'd have my head."

"Alright, let's get a move on."

We had just arrived at 3:10 p.m exactly and I was quite happy with that. Even though I was even more earlier. I wanted to get some time in to talk to Gareth.

3:11 p.m

I was putting things together, and left my car, coming around to meet Jane when she told me to look up. I ignored her the first two times, and when I finally lifted my gaze, Jane greeted Gareth.

"Well, well, well. Hellooo there Gareth." she said with a mischievous smile, and a wink.

"Uh, hello Jane." he said clueless as to why she was behaving in that manner.

I elbowed Jane, and whispered "You said you wouldn't."

"Ah but I did." she smiled, "You should've known better, then to believe I wouldn't." she whispered with a wink, and was off.

"Well aren't you the early bird." I smiled at Gareth.

"Well of course, I had to wait for you." he said to me.

"Had to? No, wanted to."

"No, no. Had to. It's my duty. My princess has to arrive safely."

My cheeks warmed, "Right. And what about you?" 

"I come with Aaron everyday." he said.

"And I come with Jane. What's your response to that?" I smiled.

"You're the princess." he smiled.

"Well don't princesses, care for princes?" I went on.

"Of course you care." he smiled, "You don't need to wait for me though. I'm no prince. And in fact, princesses have stuff to do. You can't afford to be hurt."

"Oh, right." I said rolling my eyes, "Well, if I'm you're princess, then you're my prince. It's only fair." 

He blushed, and was silent for a moment.

"I guess you don't need makeup either. You're blush comes right out." I smiled.

He blushed even harder, and actually looked away.