Stuck on stupid

"Tell me what did I do to make you hate me so much?"

                                     Chris Brown

I slowly entered what used to be me and Jashaun's home. Beer bottles and clothes, and miscellaneous supplies were scattered on the floor. I scrunched up my face in disgust as I stepped over a half empty beer bottle and walked upstairs.

"Jashaun!" I yelled as I continued walking upstairs until I reached the entrance of our bedroom. Jashaun was naked and sprawled out across the bed. The room was a complete mess. Pizza boxes and empty soda cans layed all around the room. It was so nasty.

"Eva, baby," Jashaun groaned as he attempted to sit up, once he sat up he gave me a mellow grin. He was high.

"Jashaun," I looked at him sympathetically. "What happened to you?".

He stared at me but he wasn't saying anything.

"Jashaun you have to get help," My voice cracked. I didn't want to cry but seeing him in such a vulnerable state made my emotions rise. I hated seeing him like this.

"Where's little Z?" He moaned.

"She's at school," I responded as I sniffled, wiping a stray tear from my eye.

"You gotta put on some clothes," I informed as I opened his drawers and began to pull out some clothing.

"Why?" He asked groggily as he stood up, wobbling over to me. He wasn't high from weed, he was high off of something else.

"Here," I pressed the clothes to his chest, blocking him from coming any closer to me. "Go take a shower, then get dressed,".

"You don't want me anymore, w-what y-you like Jasmine's b-brother now?" He stammered.

"What? Who told you that?" I asked angrily.

"Jasmine t-told m-m-me, she said y-y-you and h-him have p-p-private m-meetings," Jashaun stammered as he collapsed on the bed, giggling excessively.

"I don't like Cameron like that Jashaun. I love you," I said as I sat next to him, letting him lay his head in my lap. He babbled something I couldn't hear. I rubbed his head as I let the tears rush from my eyes. "I'm gonna get you help okay?".

A loud banging noise sounded from downstairs. It sounded like the police were at our door.

"Who's that?" I asked aloud. Jashaun shrugged nonchalantly. I lightly pushed his head from off of my lap. "I'm gonna go see who that is,". I walked slowly down the stairs, unlocking the door, then opening it.

Cameron barged in, almost knocking me down. Behind him was a sobbing Jasmine. Cameron stomped upstairs before I could say anything. I ran after him.

"What are you doing just barging into my house like that?!" I yelled in rage.

Cameron relentlessly charged into my bedroom, where Jashaun layed nakedly on the bed. Sleeping.

"Oh dis nigga sleep?" Cameron asked angrily as he tapped Jashaun's arm aggressively. "Wake up mane,".

Jashaun mumbled something as he sat up slowly, making eye contact with Cameron. That's when Cameron viciously punched Jashaun in his face.

"WHAT THE HELL CAMERON?!" I shouted as I tried to pry Cameron's fist from Jashaun's face. Jashaun didn't even attempt to fight back. Cameron just kept punching him and I could hear Jashaun begging him to stop.

"STOP YOU'RE GONNA KILL HIM!" I cried hysterically as I stepped in between Cameron's fist and Jashaun's body. Cameron accidently punched me in the face.

"OWW!" I shrieked as I fell to the ground, holding my bloody nose.

Cameron must have came to realization as he gasped in shock.

"Aww fuck Mane!" He put his hands over his head. I layed on the floor, crying from the pain.

"Why da fuck you tryna protect dis nigga?!" He yelled offensively. "He raped my sister!".

"I aint know she was a virgin," Jashaun uttered as he held his face, groaning in pain at the same time.

I looked up at Jashaun as I held my bloody nose.

"So I wasn't good enough for you, you went out and raped her?" I asked in an offended tone. Words couldn't describe the feelings I felt at that moment.

"It wasn't like that Eva, how you think I make so much money?".

"I don't know?" I shrugged nonchalantly.

"He's a fucking pornstar, Jasmine told me," Cameron hissed. "That's fucking nasty Mane,".

Jashaun didn't respond, he just buried his head into the pillow that was soaking up his blood.

"Is it true?" I mumbled as I stood up from the floor, grabbing a loose tissue from the floor and applying it to my nose.

The room became silent.

"ANSWER ME!" I shouted.

"Yeah, its true," Jashaun slurred as he refused to look at me.

I stood there for a long time, letting everything that was said soak into my mind.

I ran over to Jashaun, hitting his arm repeatedly in anger. "YOU FUCKING LIED TO ME YOU BASTARD! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!".

"Calm down," Cameron whispered to me as he picked me up from behind, dragging me away from Jashaun.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!" I repeated over and over again until I couldn't say anymore words. I just cried. That's all I could do at that moment.