This is my Job

"What the hell?" I mumbled as I sat up in bed, the smell of bacon flew up my nose causing my stomach to grumble. I looked beside me and Jashaun wasn't there.

I threw the covers off of my body, stepped into my cozy slippers, and walked downstairs. The sight of Jashaun's tattooed back standing in front of the stove caught my eye. I looked at the clock that read 7:30, I didn't have to be at work until 8. Zarina was too busy watching Spongebob to notice me standing at the bottom of the staircase.

"Good Morning,".

Zarina snapped out of her trance and greeted me with a hug.

"Good Morning Mommy,".

Jashaun looked back, his eyes meeting mine. The grease must've popped him, causing him to curse out loud. Zarina laughed as I glared at her. She immediately stopped laughing and returned her attention back to the singing yellow sponge on TV.

I walked into the kitchen where Jashaun was.

"My bad, I aint mean to curse in front of her,".

I sat on top of the kitchen counter and watched Jashaun cook.

"It's okay,".

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday, I was just stressed and I wanted to relax. I didn't even plan on getting high, it just happened," Jashaun explained.

"When you're stressed just talk to me, I wanna be there to help you. I don't like when you're high," I admitted.

Jashaun turned the stove off and stood in between my legs, comfortably resting his head on my chest.

"I know," He responded as he looked up into my eyes.

I smiled then kissed his soft plump lips. My hands rested on his tattooed chest. He moved my hand from his chest and leaned in closer, placing his hands on my butt.

He backed away for a quick second. "I want you to put the ring on,".

I nodded my head, returning to the kiss. As I wrapped my legs around his waist he gripped my butt tighter. We continued kissing until Zarina peeked through the opening.

"Jay is breakfast ready?" She asked worriedly.

I quickly removed my legs from Jashaun's waist and licked my lips. Jashaun smirked as he turned towards Zarina.

"Yeah we gon take our food to go, I'm gonna take you to school," Jashaun said.

"Wait you're taking her to school?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, cuz it looks like you gon be a little late," He smiled then winked at me.

I glanced at the clock, it read 7:50.

"Shit," I cussed under my breath as I rushed upstairs to take a shower and get dressed.

***

"I'm sooooo sorry I'm late," I said as I rushed into my office and plopped down into my seat. I took a minute to breathe and relax.

"It's fine," Jasmine smiled. "Guess what?".

I smiled back, quickly glancing at her brother. He was slouched in the chair with a grumpy frown on his face, as usual.

"What?".

"Today's my birthday," She said as her face lit up with excitement.

"Oh my gosh, happy birthday! I have to get you a gift tomorrow," I stated.

"Actually," She smiled. "I was wondering if maybe you wanna come with me and Cameron bowling?".

Cameron looked up quickly.

"Jasmine why would you ask her that?".

I chuckled lightly. "I'm sorry Jasmine but I can't hang out with my patients,".

"Oh so that's all I am to you? A patient? I thought we were friends?" She asked.

"We are friends," I said quickly. "It's just that I can't,".

"Oh I get it, this is your job. You don't really care about me,".

"Jasmine I do care about you and I want to help you," I retorted.

She stood up from her seat and looked down at me. "Cameron wants to take me shopping so we're gonna go now, if you change your mind we'll be at Boulevard bowling alley,".

I sighed loudly as I watched her and her brother leave my office.

Okay I know this was boring but I just wanted to update. The real drama starts in the next chapter. Well comment, like, fan or whatever lol. Bye beautiful fans!!!!!!:)