《 illusions 》

Moses paced back and forth in front of - well, considering the direction it; behind - Ramses throne. "What has gotten into you?" Moses asked, running his hands through his dark hair.

"Moses." Ramses said in a calm tone, "Why are you pacing? There is no need for that." His voice echoed through the large room.

Everybody was gone. Including Ladybug and Cat Noir. That blasted cat! He knows my affection for Ladybug.

"Why haven't you shown your face?" Moses asked, "You have been hiding in the shadows for two days! What is wrong with you? What has happened for you to hide?"
Ramses chuckled, "I'm not hiding, younger brother, I'm just planning."
"For what?"
Ramses hesitated, "For new developments in Egypt. I was thinking of getting the slaves to build a statue of myself facing the statue of Father. What do you think?"

Moses groaned, frustrated, "Why are the Hebrews out there? Have you even seen what the soldiers are making them do? Why are you putting another load onto their backs?"
"Moses. It's what they are for. They serve us because we are superior; because we rule over them. It is what they are made to do."
"No, Ramses. No one has been made for slavery."

Moses walked - no, stomped - out of the empty hall, thoughts and frustrations running through his head. There was no doubt about it, he wouldn't be going to sleep tonight.

***

Moses woke up with a start. Yelling surrounded him. He ran outside to find rows and rows of Hebrews carrying items - large stones - in a line, getting their 'job' done.

Someone was yelling. Moses sourced out the yells. A soldier. He was whipping an elderly man, who was struggling to carry the large stone up the wooden steps. Anger surged through Moses. "Hey!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. The soldier was still preoccupied. "Hey!" Moses yelled again, running up the steps towards the soldier. "What do you think you are doing?" Moses asked the soldier, the volume of his voice fairly loud.

The soldier smiled evilly, "This servant isn't moving fast enough. He must be punished." The soldier cracked the whip across the elderly mans back, which was already seeping red. The man cried out in pain.

Moses had enough. Anger and adrenaline surged through his veins as he saw the soldier crack the whip one last time. Moses pushed the soldier off of the edge of the railings. He watched the Egyptain soldier fall to his death.

Gasps and shocked gushes surrounded Moses. And he freaked out of what he just did. I just killed a man. His brain stated.

He rushed away, running until his feet could barely carry him. He wanted to run away from the bad deed he just did. He was as bad as the soldier.

***

Illusions started to take over Moses's mind. Dehydration and tiredness took over his body. He badly needed water. He thought another illusion was occurring when he saw three young girls struggling to keep hold of their precious items from two men. Moses untied the camels of those men, who soon let go of the girls to run after their camels, running off in to the bright Egyptian sun.

Moses saw a well. A well full of water. His mouty filled up with saliva. He needed water. He needed water real bad.

He lent over the edge, barely aware of the three little girls watching him in amazed awe. He lent too far over the edge and fell in. A strangled yell came from his mouth.

The three girls cried and ran to their older sister. "A man is in the well!" They cried.
The sister smiled, looking down into the almost pitch blackness of the well. "What? A man can't be in the-" She saw a figure in the shadows, her laid-back demeanor changed to a worried one, "What?! Hang on down there! We're pulling you up!" She called, pulling on the rope connected to the bucket which hauled the water up.

It was quite heavy, due to the fact that much more than water was being hauled up the well. She was surprised the rope didn't snap. Her three younger sisters helped her to pull the man up.

"Are you okay?" She asked, looking down at the man who latched himself onto the bucket with his dear life. "Yes. I'm fine. Thank you." He said huskily.

She almost fell for that voice. The man wasn't too bad looking either. That was, until she recognised who he was. "You!" Her eyes narrowed in on the man whose room she was sent to.

Moses's eyes widened in shock from the revelation of that this woman was the girl who was manhandled into the gathering a couple of weeks ago.

All of a sudden, Moses knew what she was going to do, "No! Wait, wait, wait, wait. Let me expl-" she let go of the rope and Moses plummeted down the the well once again.

The three young girls marvelled in the way their older sister handled things. "Now I understand why her boyfriends ran away." The eldest of the three girls said in a hushed tone, only for the other two to hear; she certainly didn't want to end up like that man in the well.

The other two girls giggled in agreement.

🐞🐞🐞

THANKS FOR 2K READS GUYS!! You are awesome!!!