Chapter 13: Breaking the ice

Anna's POV

I was standing in the middle of the room surrounded by the noise of applauds. I couldn't move considering what just happened. Why was the monster so possessive about me and the worst thing was, how I felt about him.

I needed to get myself occupied so that I don't have to think about what just happened. So I moved towards mom and dad. I could sense their uneasiness.

"Honey we need to discuss something very important. I will come over tomorrow but for now do one thing", my mom held my hands and sternly advised me.

"Stay away from Harry. Can you do that for me honey", mom was asking me like a little child. Whereas I was confused. Why does she want me to stay away from him?

I just nodded like a little child. I don't know what was going on but I needed to talk to mom too. I needed to tell her about all the changes developing in me. I was really looking forward to tomorrow.

I hugged my parents and bid them goodbye. I wandered my eyes across the enormous room and found Justin and Emily standing in the corner. I made my way to them and hugged both Emily and Justin. After saying bye to them I asked Emily if I could talk to Justin alone for a moment which she happily agreed to.

We started walking towards the main doors. Soon we were in the enormous lawn. It was beautiful. There was a huge fountain and the figurines around the fountain gave it quite an antique look.

There were few benches circulating the fountain. We both settled down on one of them.

I sat next to Justin and rested my head on his shoulder. I was frustrated and tired of the events happening in my life. I stayed in that stupid dungeon for some time and I needed some closure. Hence Justin was my best shot.

"I am tired Justin. I miss everyone. You, mom, dad and school. I hate it here", a tear slipped down from my eye while I poured my heart out to him.

He placed his arm around me and pulled me near him. He slowly started to whisper,

"You know Anna; I was a playboy which you are very well aware of. The idea of Spending your life with one person was impossible for me. I always prayed to the moon goddess that I never find my mate because then I will be tied down to one person. But when I saw Emily, my whole world turned around", he sighed and the continued.

"I changed Anna. I changed suddenly just in one day or you can say in one moment. The impossible happened for me. I'll say the same for you. Your impossible will happen too. You just need to wait for the right time", he gave a last pull and got up from the bench.

I just hugged him saying bye to him. When he left of coarse with the gorgeous Emily, I sat back down on the bench. Slowly slowly everyone left and some of the mansion lights were turned off. I just sat on that bench like a lost soul. Everything was so quiet and peaceful.

Suddenly, the whole garden lit up. There were lights covering the trees and the water from the fountain started to emit different colours. Beautiful music started to play. Everything seemed so magical. I was mesmerised due to the appearance. Still dumbfounded by the beauty, I got up from the bench when I heard someone behind me.

He was looking very smart and handsome. In a Well fitted black suit with silver tie he was breathtakingly gorgeous. I could see the twinkle in his eyes and a lively smile on his lips. His innocence made me smile too.

He stepped forward with beautiful white roses in his hands. I felt like Cinderella and he was my prince charming.

As soon as he approached me, he knelt on one knee and pulled out his hand. I was shocked and nervous. I never imagined anyone will do something like this for me. But I had to admit I was loving it.