Chapter 6

I stood in front of the mirror, gazing at my reflection. I looked so different with the new style of clothing and hair. I also smelled pleasant and my hair was the softest it has ever been.

I was scrubbed down with lavender smelling soap and various oils were rubbed into my skin and hair. As my hair air dried, I was wiped dry and clothed. I dressed in a simple brown tunic and pants, as I requested.

My hair was then brushed and small portions of my hair was pulled into various braids. My nails were filed down as well as shaped.

I looked like I belonged here in this new world. I tore my gaze away from the mirror as I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said while tucking my wand in my sleeve. It's something I always do back home to prevent losing it.

"Look at you."

"Right? I look like one of your people."

"How did you convince them not to put you in a dress?"

"I just told them that my little performance is going to be dangerous and I don't want the dress to catch on fire, whereby which will burn me alive."

"You're planning to put on a fire act?"

"Yup. And I can assure you that I have more tricks up my sleeve than just a simple fire spell."

"Remember not to do anything that will seem like you're threatening him though."

"Yes, sir."

He took a deep breath. "Let's go?"

"Let's go."

We walked to the throne room in silence with the two guards, who were once guarding the entrance to my room, marching behind. Legolas has told me not to get distracted by the paintings and decorations in the hallways, and that if I live, he'd personally give me a tour of the castle.

We halted in front of polished wooden double doors. An intricate design of trees and stags were carved into the wood. The craftsmanship was fantastic. Everything was so detailed and it all differed from one another. I stared at it in awe. I bet that if you go close enough, you'd be able to see each and every detail on a small leaf.

I heard a click followed by a loud groan as the double doors were pushed open. Inside, atop a high rise throne sat a gorgeous man with icy blue eyes, sharp and slick crown of blonde hair, and pale skin. His expression was stone cold and emotionless.

We advanced forward into the throne room. We dropped onto one knee ask soon as we were several feet away from the King. He waved a hand in dismissal. We all got up.

"Father," Legolas greeted. He left my side. "This is the woman who my companions and I saved. She doesn't remember much about how she got here, she only knows that she was ambushed by a pack of orcs while on the journey to Rivendell."

I almost gaped. When he said that he's been through a lot of trouble to keep me alive, I did not expect him to be lying to his father, the King. It was treason and if the King found out he was lying, he could be killed! All because of me. My heart raced. He could be killed because of me.

I bit the inside of my cheek and avoided eye contact with anyone. I definitely need to live now. I owe my life to Legolas. He's risking his for mine.

"Witch, you say? She doesn't look like one. What can she do?"

My gaze snapped up to the King who was studying me. I looked at Legolas who prompted me to go on.

"Your Highness," I greeted. "Please allow me to show you what I have hidden up my sleeves."

"Go ahead."

I pulled out my wand and began chanting. A a starry, transparent sphere engulfed every person in the room except for myself. I heard swords being drawn as the elves were surrounded by the protective orbs.

"Don't be alarmed, it's just for your protection," I said calmly. "I need a volunteer. I assure you that you will be safe."

When no one answered, the King randomly chose of the the guards. Despite the fear, the guard stepped forward, the orbs still surrounding him. I didn't bother giving a warning.

I pointed the wand at him. "Incendio!" Bright flames licked the shell of the protective orb before taking it's form. I could see the guard shaking in fear. 

"Aguamenti," I whispered. Water shot out of my wand putting out the fire. "See, you're fine! Mind if I borrow your sword?" I waved my wand.

"Wha--"

The sword flew into my hand. The guards, again, first instinct was to surround me with their swords out.

"Catch me, if you can," I winked. I appariate out the throne room and stood by the entrance where several guards yet again had their swords drawn and surrounded me. The double doors burst open. I met with Legolas' eyes. He was furious. I dropped the sword and appariate further away.

"Like I said, catch me if you can."

As they began charging at me, I appariate back into the throne room. With a quick flick of my wand, the door sealed shut and the protective orbs dissolved into thin air. I bowed. I looked at both men. I could see that Legolas was pissed but relieved and amazed at the same time. The King on the other hand was very very happy.

"That was quite a show you put on. Is there anything else that you can do?"

"I can do a lot more. I know spells that can make things fly to spells that can kill."

"Perhaps you can show us one more spell that is less chaotic?" Legolas said.

"This spell is a protection charm against dark spirits. Expecto Patronum." Bluish-white light shot out of my wand and took the form of a hawk, a predator of the skies. It flew around the room before perching on my shoulder and fading away.

"Legolas says you have nowhere to go."

"That is right, your Highness."

"You're are welcomed to stay in my home for as long as you please under one condition : You work for the crown."

"What sort of job, your Grace?"

"For example: You follow Legolas out into the forest and help him rid of the evil that poisoned the lands."

Legolas shot a look at his father as if he was insane. Before he could say anything, I jumped to a conclusion.

"I'll take the job."

He looked at me flabbergasted.

"Very well. Legolas, I trust that you will take good care of your new recruit," said the King. Legolas nodded, still staring at me like I had 2 heads.

"Good. You are all dismissed."

A/N:

I'm back! I apologise for the delay because Empire of Storms happened. I cannot tell you how much that book has emotionally scarred me and just like ALL THE FEELS CAME CRASHING IN LIKE A BLOODY WRECKING BALL.

That book has kept me up all night reading and had prevented me from writing because it was just that captivating. Sarah J Maas is my idol. The way she writes her books just makes one want to know more. And I aspire to be able to write like her one day. :)

Sobs. Post Empire of Storms Depression is happening now. Imma go cry in the corner.

DON'T FORGET TO :

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FOLLOW

- alex_is_writing