Chapter 3

Feel free to add songs to the playlist. Your song might inspire the next or following chapters. Exploring music is fun and we can all bond over music (:

+

Playlist : You Don't Own Me -- Grace ft. G-Eazy

* * * *

The faint sound of water dripping stirred me from my slumber. Once again, I was greeted by blinding light. This time, instead of waking up to dark trees towering above me and rough dirt, I woke up to a rather pleasant sight.

A decent room with all a person would need in a room ; a bed, a vanity table, a closet, a desk, a chair or two and a toilet. Though I was still a little drowsy, it was impossible to miss a tall slender figure standing by the vanity table. The woman's black hair was tied up in a loose bun. It looked like she was squeezing eater out of a rag.

"Excuse me?" I said. My voice cracked. It was hoarse but soft. The woman jumped, startled by a sudden voice. She turned back, a hand on her chest. She set the cloth back into the basin.

"I shall inform the Prince of your awakening. I'll get someone to bring you cup of tea and some food as well. In the meantime, you don't go anywhere, not that you can go anywhere with that injured leg. Just stay here. Don't move," the woman instructed. Without waiting for my response, she picked up the basin and walked away.

I sat up, back against the headboard and pillows and took in the details of the room. I hadn't noticed a balcony till now. After looking at my reflection in the mirror ,which was attached to the vanity table, I realised I was in a completely different set of clothing. It was a flimsy, silky gown. Definitely, something out of my comfort zone when it comes to nightwear. I love my pajamas to the moon and back. And I do not enjoy being apart from my pajamas. 

Curious, I pushed the blanket aside then pulled the flimsy fabric up to my thigh to reveal my injury. It was bandaged and no blood was visible. It didn't look too bad. I quickly pulled the skirt down as I heard a knock on the door. The door swung open. There were 4 people outside the room, 2 of which had their backs towards the door.

A woman and a man stepped into my room. The woman set a platter of food and tea on the bedside table before scurrying out of the room, closing the door as she left. It was just me and this handsome man.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Better," I replied. I cleared my throat. "Thank you for saving me."

He nodded. "Before any more questions, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Legolas, Crown Prince of Mirkwood. And you are?"

"Marvel but most people call me Maeve."

"Now, what would drive a beautiful creature and her monstrosity of a pet into venturing in Mirkwood's forests? Didn't anyone tell you of the dangers that lie in the forest?"

"What? Wait. Mirkwood? I've never heard of a Mirkwood in my 18 years of existence. I just woke up, injured in the middle of the forest. And my cat is not a monster. She's just playful and a little feisty sometimes."

"I've been bitten and scratched by that little devil for the past few days while you were asleep."

"She's afraid, I guess. Totally different surroundings and people that it might have been too overwhelming for her. Anyway, how long have I been unconscious?"

"6 days."

"6 days?!"

"6 days, milady."

"I need to go back home. My family and friends will be so worried. I have exams to take soon," I said, panicked.