Chapter 44

[Gotham]

[September 21 202X, 16:35 EST]

"Oh god, I can't do this. I just can't. I think I'm going to puke." Wally said panicking pacing back and forth around his dressing room.

"Calm down dude. It's a wedding. Your wedding. Stop treating it like an execution." Roy tells the groom.

"What do you know about weddings. You're still a bachelor. Oh god, the rings! Where did I leave them again?"

"Okay, first of all, I am still legally married to Jade so technically I am not a bachelor, second of all one of Dick's has brothers the rings hence the term ring bearer," Roy assures Wally while fixing his hair in the mirror.

"Why did we choose to have an outdoor wedding. What if it starts to rain? What if it ruins the cake!"

"And of course that is what you are worried about the most." Roy scoffs. "Look, Wally, most of the world's best superheroes are going to be there. I'm pretty sure if it does rain we will figure something out."

"No, I could care less about the cake. I'm worried- I'm terrified that one morning, Dick is going to wake up and realise I'm not what he want's. That I'm not good enough for him." Wally admits finally stopping with pacing.

"You don't really think that do you?"

"I don't know anymore. Batman is going to be my father in law and I almost hired Deadpool to officiant our wedding because of a stupid bet and Dick is probably in his dressing room now wondering why he even wasted his time with a loser like me."

"Okay, I am actually going to get Artemis to slap you if you don't stop with your rambling. I am probably the least qualified person to give pep talks but all you have to ask yourself is 'where am I going to be in 10 years'. When you are 33, what do you see yourself doing and who are you with." Roy walked over to Wally and gives the speedster a pat on the back. "I have to leave now before Oliver starts fighting with the other Roy again. Good luck man."

Wally thought about Roy's question while walking over to the mirror taking a look at his reflection.

"I don't know how you landed someone like Dick, but you better do everything in your power to make him happy." He said to his reflection. "Good pep talk me."

=======================

Dick's POV

8 years ago I was kidnapped on a mission by Bane and Deathstroke. At the time I knew stood no chance against them so the only thing I could have done was wait for Batman and the team to save me. The next 5 years were living hell.

It's been 3 years since Slade helped me escape which shocked me. He took me under his wing, he taught me how to survive, fight, and took me around the world. He helped me with my PTSD and depression. That same year I ran into Roy and that's when I set my plans in motion.

I started my plan 2 years ago. I had finally returned to Gotham with so much rage dictated towards Bruce. Enough to kill him with my own hands. How he could have let Jason die, especially after what happened to me. When I look back at my master plan now, it seems so petty. Faking my own death was cruel and I was thinking selfishly but I did figure out the reason behind my kidnapping because of that. At least I got some sort of closure.

I swore off killing 9 months ago after I fulfilled my promise to Tiger. It wasn't that hard actually. He was fighting against the Justice League and all I had to do was shoot him when he was down and not get caught.

It took some time, but 8 months ago I started to build my trust with Bruce again. He offered a partnership between us but I told him I needed my independence. I still work with him from time to time but it's more like a team up if anything.