Chapter 38

Part 2

[Roy's Apartment]

[October 3 202X, :24]

Jason's POV

Rage ran through my bloodstream.

How could Bruce let that psychopath live! Did I really mean so little to him he didn't even bother to avenge me? I thought partners were always suppose to have each other's back.

"Screw you!" I screamed at the television wanting to break something.

"What's wrong?" Roy ran out of his room asking.

"Everything is wrong Roy! Everything! I'm supposed to be 6 feet underground. And Batman was supposed to avenge me! But instead, he let that freak live! I hate him!" I roared scaring Roy a bit.

"Calm the hell down!" Roy commanded me.

"I'm going to kill that sick clown!" I yelled. I headed for the door but Roy blocked me. "Get out of my way!"

"What's your plan when you walk out of here huh? You have no armor or weapons." Roy brought up making me growl. "Now sit your ass down and start explaining. I am not going to jail for bringing an underage kid into my apartment." I glared at Roy and went back to the couch.

"Talk." Roy yawned obviously still tried. His long messy hair tied into a ponytail and was only wearing a pair of joggers. He had a few tattoos on his arm which I didn't notice before.

"I don't exactly know what happened. All I remember is getting thrown into a pit. When I woke up I lost control and started killing people with my bare hands. I threatened a pilot to fly me to Gotham and I ran into you now give me a freaking gun so I can kill that sick freak!" I explained.

"I don't even know you, why in the world would I hand you a weapon," Roy says making me raise an eyebrow.

"Earth to Speedy, did you get amnesia or something? We've worked together for months."

"No, you worked with the clone." Roy scoffs. 

"Uhh clone?" I said confused.

"A few years ago I got kidnapped by Luther and switched with a sleeper agent, the Roy you know from before. For years no one noticed. Then the clone rescued me." Roy said with some anger lingering in his voice.

"And I thought I had it bad." 

"It get's better, woke up with my arm missing, but Lex Luther gave me this prosthetic," Roy says looking at his fake limb. It looked so life like. I wonder if he can feel?

"That explains why you look my age." I came to the realization. "Why are you living alone, though?" I question him.

"I'm still pissed at Ollie he let Luther take me and he never noticed. If Roy didn't find out he was a clone I would still be chronologically frozen. Oh yeah, spoilers the billionaire Oliver queen in Green Arrow." He mumbles the last part. I start laughing. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing," I say with a chuckle. "I guess not every superhero needs to have powers. Just lots of money and dead parents."

"Oh really? Mind telling me who Batman is?" 

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I insured. Roy crossed his arms and looked at me expecting an answer. I decided to humor him. I leaned over to his ear and whispered 'Bruce Wayne' shocking the archer.

"You're fucking with me. Did not see that one coming." He admits. "So, what are your plans, Jason?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "I what I do know is I'm going to find the Joker and stab him to death then throw his body into a river. I feel like if I saw Bruce I would do the same to him. I'll just see where life takes me from there." I answer his question without much thought.