The Qualifiers

Authors note: All your comments are to be valued and please vote! If you haven't signed in then please do, because this is an amazing site with a lots more interesting stuff going on and coming to finish!

Reviews are necessary for the proper encouragement to an author right? I mean, a fanfiction writer isn't writing this for money but on public interest... The thirty minute serial is now dead and this is the only way the story is kept alive.

So please do Vote! And Sign In To Wattpad!

Too-doo!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Qualifiers... 

11: 00 am... Saturday...

"Goodmorning everyone!" RDX greeted the students gathered in the auditorium.

"Goodmorning Sir!" Most of them greeted back. 'Most' being girls, and the boys, you know... were being 'boys'!

"So I guess sabko pata hein ki hum yahaan kyun gather huyi hein?"

"FOOTLOOSE QUALIFIERS!!" The students shouted and then hooted.

"That's right guys and girls! Or humaare college se do team iss saal Footloose Elimination mein participate karna chaahthe hein! Lets give a big round of applause to the team Dazzlers!" But unlike the last year, the Weaklings didn't bother cheering the 'bully' team.

"..Aaannnd the Weaklings Team!" All the weakling and some unbiased dazzlers applauded loudly.

"So are you ready guy for our first performance? Aa rahe hein Dazzlers...!" RDX announced and signalled for the curtains. As the stage was revealed an electronic beat was heard and then slowly picked up it's pace as the Dazzlers team hip-hopped into everyone's view. The Dazzler supporters went crazy as the songs remixed into the hit western song (your choice) then.

The performance was rather fast with all the fast dance moves and stunts by both Nil and Rey. Sharon did a cool hand spin move and Simmi and Rinni supported, twirling till she stopped, to make a beautiful pose.

The Dazzlers cheered for their team with all the voice they could muster as the curtains fell. Most of the weaklings but remained neutral without booing nor cheering.

Sharon came out of the backstage to encourage the cheering and her teammates emerged from behind. She then saw Kria and her team standing on the other side and couldn't resist herself of showing them her signature L sign for 'Loser' with her index and pointer fingers perpendicular to the other. Swayam, not knowing this comes up from behind Kria and notices her eyes gazing the opposite side of the stage. He followed her eyes and met Sharon's image flashing the L sign to discourage Kria, a simple competition strategy.

The weakling team mates were taken aback when they observed Swayam's reaction. He was smiling at Sharon, only God knew other than him about his mind's whereabouts. He was in Sharon's 'LaLa Land', imagining her posing for him in Marilyn Monroe style, in the flying white halter dress! Well luckily for Kria, Sharon stopped the insult the second she felt embarassed looking at him rubbing his chest and smiling at her.  

"Guys! Abhi shor machaane se kuch nahi hoga! The voting will be after the Weaklings performance. So help me welcome for their first time performance, TEAM WEAKLINGS!!!" Half of the audience cheered supporting RDX.

The curtains pulled away and tje lights slowly brightened as five of the members lay down on the stage. A slow bollywood romantic song started playing and Swayam walked in to the centre of the stage. He started playing an imaginery violin according to the music and then the beats picked up and his motions synced with his teammates raising their limbs. Bharat raised his body on his head and fell down which acted a trigger to Kria and Neha who stood up and then twisted to fall down which inturn was a cue for Amar and Visakha to do a worm and then stand up, falling back when Swayam did an air flip simultaneously, making it look like a giant wave crossed from left to right. The audience asped at their technique which all of them had to admit to have never seen before.

As soon as the song switched to a remix of 'Balam Pichkari', all the people gathered below irrespective of their egos and differences began applauding in a single tone. The whole six dancers on the stage was bringing the bollywood flame to the dias so much so that no one could resist to sing and dance with it. Neha was taking the front with her awesome passion for the bollywood hot number with a broad grin probably due to the first time overwhelming experience of people cheering for her, followed by her team mates with their faces showing a similar feeling.

"Wow! Kya baath hein! Ek team western beats pe aur doosra humaare desi dhun pe dhoom machaya hein! So abhi in logon ko aapki zaroorat hein! Toh aaye aur aaj je winner ko chunthe hein. Lets hear it for Dazzlers!" RDX exclaimed and all the dazzlers in the auditorium screamed to their top voice in appreciation. More like indisciplined incahoots. 

"...okay and now lets hear it for the Weaklings!!" RDX exclaimed once again and the Weaklings went bananas. The cheering strength were almost the same. 

"Okay... toh I guess its a..."

"BATTLE! BATTLE! BATTLE! BATTLE!" The students chanted in one voice. 

"Okay then its a tiebreaker battle then!"

"I can't believe Rey worked with that Swayam to you know..." Rinni said.

"But it worked Rinni. Rey had this planned so that we'd never lose."

"He planned in a way to make sure no one lost... That means he wanted behen jee to win..." Sharon walked away without looking at them.

The battle was over. The whole three minutes was just faked by the important members of each team, Swayam and Rey. As soon as the battle started, Visakha pounced for her chance at Sharon and Sharon didn't disappoint to show her off. But when matters got serious, Rey nodded to Swayam and they both came forward as in to fight each othee. But to their teammates dismay, the song as set by Swayam was changed to the very number they all practised to. And once Rey and he started to do the steps synchronically, they knew. And within a delay of thirty secinds they all joined them, even Sharon! As tge song ended and the whole audience were applauding like there was no tomorrow, RDX came in to announce both the teams were equally good and that they all were to represent the college at Footloose. And as the Qualifiers ended, RDX invited the teams to a party at his house. The auditorium was then cleared but not before Swayam hinted Sharon to meet him in the abandoned corridor later.

"Mein kya kehti hun Kria, Swayam ne theek kiya! Varna woh log jeet jaate..." Neha reasoned.

"I think Rey be Swayam se yeh kisi tarah se karwaaya hein... kyunki Swayam yeh jaantha hein ki Sharon jeetne ke liye uski help nahi maangegi."

"You mean Swayam ko blackmail? Par kaise?" Neha asked.

"...Mere paas aisi dava hein Nil, jisse har koi tedhi ban jaathi hein!" Vicky said while driving his car with Nil.

"What are you saying Vicky?" Nil asked.

"Nahi, look.. look! Weaklings aaj party mein aayenge aur drinks piyenge. Par hum sirf paani piyenge, aur tamasha dekhenge..."

Sharon was pissed. She planned to storm on Swayam but she couldn't as the atmosphere in the abandoned corridor gave out an insecure feeling. But still she managed to ask him him this. "Toh ab kya kehna hein?"

He smiled. "Tumne mujhse kal ek question poochi thi... Par mein kuch nahi bola, kyunki woh right time nahi tha... Remember, you asked me ki 'kya mein tumhe haarthi huyi dekh saktha hun?'... Toh pehli baat, Sharon Rai Prakash kabhi haarthi nahi. Because you are the best! Doosri baat, agar meine dance nahi kiye hote toh tum mujhe kabhi notice nahi ki hoti. Tum kabhi mujhse yahaan baat karne nahi rahi hoti... And finally, mujhe yakeen hein ki this time will pass and reality will hit soon enough..."

"Do you mean ki yeh Dazzler aur Weakling ki divide mein bhool jaaungi?"

"Nahi, utni complicated nahi... mein toh sirf tumhe aaj ki party ke liye pooch raha hun..."

"My answer for you is a big No! Kabhi apne dreams mein bhi mat sochna ki mein tumhaare saath... huh!! NEVER!!!" Sharon scoffed and got out of there. He stood there staring at her retreating figure.