Two Weeks Left

All Rights Reserved 

 -

"Ravyn, wake up!" My brother shouted at me as he barged into my room. I groaned, rolling over so my head was facing away from him. Wes opened the curtains and the light shone in my face, making me groan more and turn the other way.

"Get. Up."  Wes said, more slowly this time. I knew that if I didn't get up, he'd find a way to make me. I decided that I didn't want to be drenched in water so I stretched my arms over my head.

"That's better." He told me, walking towards my door. Wes paused before he exited. "Maci is here." I smiled at this. Then, he smiled a smile that told me he had a secret. "Tyler's here, too." He said quickly and rushed out the door.

I shot up in my bed and reached my hand out to Wes as if to stop him. With that action, I tumbled onto the ground.

"Ow!" I landed with a thump. I heard Wes's laughter downstairs and heard him telling Maci and Tyler what just happened. Soon, their laughter joined his and I grumbled. I picked myself up off the floor and something came to my mind.

"Gotta get dressed so I can go downstairs. Gotta look fly so they fall out their chairs. Gonna go see my new friend Tyler. And show him how I'm an awesome freestyler. Whaaat?" I finished off, placing my hand over my mouth like I was trying to be cool. I was dancing around my room, flinging clothes every which way.

I finally settled on grey skinny jeans, my blue suede booties, a dark blue tank top and a grey side-zipped jacket. Lastly, I put on my silver bangles, my silver earrings that remind me of dream catchers and then I put on my silver wolf ring. I never go a day without it.

My hair was next and I put it in some sort of half-braid going across the back top of my head. Then, I made my eyes smoky and I was ready.

"Ravyn! It's been fifteen minutes! What's taking you so long?" Wes yelled up to me.

"Shut-up!" I yelled back. Laughter was followed and I put lipgloss on and left my room.

When I started walking downstairs, a cat call was whistled and I looked straight into Tyler's gleaming eyes.

"You're so funny." I scoffed at him, with a smile.

"I try, I try." He returned with a grin. I shook my head as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Alright, Rave, you ride with Tyler. Maci and I will take the motorcycle and we'll meet you guys there. I mean, we only have two weeks left of summer! Woo hoo!" Screamed Wes as he grabbed Maci's hand and ran out the door, into the garage.

"Where are we going? I don't like surprises." I warned Tyler. Instead of looking worried, he just smiled and held my hand.

"It's not a surprise. You've been there before. I'm just not gonna tell ya." We began walking out in the garage as we saw Wes and Maci ride away.

I groaned. "C'mon, Tyler! Pwease tell me?" I said, pulling the puppy face. He seemed to smile even more and shook his head.

"No can do, little girl. You're just gonna have to wait and see." Tyler opened the passenger side door of his yellow Corvette C7. Yeah, this kid is loaded. With his parents dead, the ex-Beta took him under his wing. Their family is the second richest in our whole pack - the first would be mine, of course. The lycan government sends us money every week and let me just be the first to say, nobody could complain with how much we get. Considering no lycan has a normal job, being part of the pack is payment.

"I hate waiting. I have no patience!" I told him as he closed the door and ran around the car to open his.

"Well, you're gonna need it for this trip." He laughed at the discusted face I made and started the car.