21. Dance With Me

Start from the beginning

"I like it." I whisper to myself.

I then walk back to the dressing room and got changed back into my regular clothes. Holly and I bought our dresses and then headed back to my house. The dance was tomorrow and she was just going to sleep over.

Next Day

I was woken up by shaking, I say up right away and looked around as my eyes tried to adjust to the light. I looked over to my left and seen Holly jumping up and down with her phone next to her ear.

"Of course! Yeah I would love to. No don't worry it's fine, oh my god okay.. I'll see you later. Bye." She said very fast.

I was still half asleep so I have no idea how I even managed to comprehend what she was saying. It took me a while to wake up, I sat up slowly and let out a yawn.

"Guess who just called me!" She yelled.

"I have no idea but you don't need to stop screaming." I laughed.

She rolled her eyes, "Oh shush," she sat up and looked at me, "Daniel Hale just called and asked me to tonight's dance! It was a last minute thing but he wanted to go!" She squealed.

Wait so she had a date? So I was going to either go stag or be a third wheel?

"Oh well that's great yay I'm happy for you." I say and her expression changed.

"Shit I'm so sorry Alex I totally forgot that we were going. I could call and let Daniel know-" she started to say as she got up and grabbed her phone.

I got up and grabbed her phone, "No Holly, it's fine I promise. I'm happy for you." I say and she sighs.

"I feel really bad now Alex, I totally spaced I was in shock that he asked me that I blanked." She said and looked really guilty.

I have her a genuine smile, "Holly I understand. It's totally okay, I'll just go by myself it's fine."

"Are you sure? I could always call him back and say no." She asked while grabbing my hand.

I squeezed her hand, "I'm sure!" I say and she smiles.

We each took turns taking a shower and then went downstairs to eat breakfast. My mom had ordered some breakfast to eat for our dance. My mom always goes all out for us with these.

We ate and talked to my mom about our plans. But now that Holly actually has a date I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. I might just eat dinner with my mom, we haven't done that in a while.

We spent half of the day watching movies and having a girl day. It as my until 4 pm where we started to get ready. We went up to my room and got dressed in the dresses we bought.

"So what are you doing before the dance?" Holly asked as I sat in front of my vanity and applied my makeup.

She started to do my hair, "I will probably go out to dinner with my mom. We haven't done that in a while." I say as I applied my lipstick.

She curled my hair, "Oh that sounds fun." She said.

"Yeah." I smiled an finished up my makeup and then we switched places.