33

"You're doing it again" he says softly.

"What?" I ask, breaking out of my thoughts.

"You have these moments where you just drift off, like you're getting inside your own head." He stops in front of me and runs his fingers through my hair. "Where do you go?"

"I don't know, sometimes I'm just remembering things, other times I'm trying to work out my own thoughts." I shrug.

"Which was it this time?" He asks.

"Making sense of my thoughts. Sometimes I just wish they'd go away."

"I can help you with that" he whispers. He moves his face towards mine and places his lips on mine gently. My heart stops and my eyes close. My hands move up to his shoulders and he steps closing, pressing our bodies up against each other. His lips are warm and soft against mine. The ends of his hair tickles my fingers as they touch his neck. His hands move to my lower back.

"I'm sorry" he whispers, "I just couldn't help myself."

"Don't be sorry" I lean my forehead against his, "don't be sorry Louis."

"I know princess." He says sadly. " I know, nothing else for now." We break away and look out into the sea.

"I don't know if I've ever met anyone like you before" he says after a few minutes, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Of course you haven't" I smirk. "I'm one of a kind."

"You're right about that" he says softly and I let my eyes meet his.

"When will Shan be here?" I ask. I have to break eye contact, if I look at him for much longer I'll jump on him.  One kiss today is enough.

"She said ten minutes, but that was 20 minutes ago so you're looking at another 10 minutes."

"Great" I groan.

"Anyone would think you're not totally comfortable about being alone with me, even though we've just spent the day together, well basically two days together." He says casually.

"What makes you think that?" I ask.

"The way you're asking for Shan so urgently all of a sudden."

"That's not true" I say.

"Isn't it?"

"Nope." I shake my head.