17

"Are we going or what?" Shan smacks the back of Louis's seat, he's driving us home.

"Sure thing." He gives her the finger over his shoulder and pulls away. I turn my attention to the view out the window. La really is a beautiful place, when you look past the smell of cow poo, of course. I always thought of la as a city but I never thought there was little country side places like this here. It's so quiet here, while part of me misses the busy, loud city noises I love how content I feel here.

Fields pass us by as we leave the beach, I roll the window down a little and breathe in the fresh air. The others are chatting between themselves as I take in my surroundings. Who knew you could fit into a new place so quickly, I feel like I should have always lived here and known these people. God if I had been born here I wouldn't have had to go through meeting Sam. No one knows about that here and I'm glad, I don't have to keep reliving it every time it's mentioned or every time I see his face or hear his name.

About half an hour later we arrive outside my house. "Thank you guys for a lovely day" I smile before getting out the car, waving goodbye and walking inside. I think I'm going to love the weekends here.