8

Today has really dragged, but it's finally over. It wasn't so bad for a first day really. Shan has dropped me off home quickly so I can get changed and tell mum I won't be having dinner with her.

"Mum I'm home" I call into the big house. I still haven't got used to this house yet, our old house was much smaller.

"In here darling" she calls from the living room.

"Hi, I'm going to a friends house for dinner, so I won't be eating with you" I smile. "Just come home to get changed and let you know so you don't cook for me."

"You've made a friend already? Well done darling, see I told you you'd be fine here."

"Yeah I smile. I really struggled back home with friends, so I was worried about starting from scratch here, but so far I think I'm going to be okay.

I run upstairs, change into jeans and a top, redo my makeup quickly then head back downstairs to say goodbye to mum.

"Right, I'll see you when I get home, love you" I say quickly.

"Bye baby." Mum calls back before I shut the front door behind me, returning to Shan in the car.

"Ready?" She asks.

"Ready" I nod. She turns the keys and starts driving down the street, she doesn't live far from me.

When she pulls up outside her house my mouth literally drops open. It's massive, like a fricken princess castle, it's so beautiful. "Wow" I state.

"What?" She laughs.

"This isn't a house, it's a castle!" I laugh.

"Thanks" she smiles. As we walk inside I can't believe my eyes, the ceiling are so high, even a giant wouldn't be able to touch them. She takes me around every room until we reach her bedroom.

"Okay this is definitely a princess's bedroom." I giggle, looking around in complete awe.

"Oi shithead, did you bring-" a boy with brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes walks into the room but stops what he's saying when he sees me standing in the middle of the room.

"Well hello, who's this sis? You not going to introduce us?" He raises his eyebrows at me, looking me over, it makes me feel a little unconformable so I just stand here awkwardly.

"This is my friend Jayde, now remove yourself from my bedroom doorway, bye." She pushes him out of the door and shuts it in his face.

"Sorry about him, he's a perve."