Chapter Three-Dream And Classes

I was running through a forest my senses on alert, he called my name...Johnathan... “Rose...Come to me...” was what his silky voice said, he just kept repeating those words...When John came into view...i never reached him...instead I heard another voice, saying my name, one that drew everything out of me. My memories, as if I wasn't meant for Jon...I was meant for that voice.

The voice continued to consume me, wrapping around me and pulling tight, protective. Like it would never let go.

At least until I woke up.

“Shane?” I asked weakly. I was shaking violently, tears streaming down my face.

“Wake up. Come on Rose, open your eyes. You can do it...” he said soothingly, caring...and if possible, worried.

I woke up with a gasp. My body was soaked in sweat...I looked up into Shane’s clear blue eyes, he was anxious. “Are you okay?” He asked surprised as I collapsed hugging him and crying into his calloused and toned chest, if he was mad or confused he didn’t say anything he just held me stroking my hair, whispering comforting words. Shane almost sounded like he wouldn't mind being there, holding me like that all day.

“It was so real...Jon...” I sobbed, letting all of the feelings I had kept in. I buried my face into Shane’s' muscular shoulder, held me gently, rocking me to and fro like a child wishing for her mommy. After a few minutes, he scooted on to my bed, and brought me to his lap, trying to be comfortable and make me stop... “I'm sorry. I shouldn’t have done that...you should get some sleep.” I said gently moving my body away.

“No...it's time for classes.” he said, smiling. “Get dressed and remember; You are the only female student so dress modestly...” He said walking out of the room, leaving me to dress. I quickly wiped my cheeks and walked to my wardrobe.

Fifteen minutes later I was making breakfast, wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a light jacket over my Vladimir shirt, designed by James. Making Waffles, bacon, toast and eggs, in thirty minutes was easy, “mm...smells good.” Shane said walking in, like me dressed for comfort, not style.

“Well, you made it in time, the foods still warm.” I said handing him a plate and sitting down, hoping he didn't think me of a cry baby. “Shane...what happened to my father?” I looked at the man who chewed his lip.

Shane's face darkened a bit looking at the food. “This happens to most of our students...when they change, they're bigger then their actual animal counterpart. And normally...well, normally they kill the ones around them before we get there.” He took a breath, and continued, “I was able to drug you before you attacked your father. He only suffered from a small ripped muscle and a stretched tendon in his neck and leg.” I let out my own breath. I hadn't killed my father. That was good...that was so good.

I was washing the dishes when a knock came to the door. “I will get it. It's probably Dominic and his Trainee.” Shane said walking to the door. “Get some green tea going will you? It's probably better than mine anyway, so far all of your cooking skills are. I have no idea how I survived all ten years at camp Shaping.”

“Thank you, Shane.” I said making tea in a kettle, as Dominic and his boy walked in.

“Yeah, so at the restaurant-oh? Now who is this young man? Did you finally take on a charge....or not.” Dominic said scornfully as I turned around crossing my arms and looking him in the eyes, wanting to rip his throat out with my teeth...blood...ripping his throat out...there would be...blood. I smiled meanly and rid myself of those thoughts.

“More like young woman.” Shane and I said, Shane calmly as to my defensively.

“Shane come with me.” My trainer nodded and turned to leave with Dominic.