three

Maybe she wasn't over him, just yet. Sujin found herself thinking about him; Jungkook. Ever since they've met each other again after two years, she couldn't help but let the thought bother her.

Was she still in love with him?

She didn't understand how it was so simple to answer such a question, but when she actually thought it through, she had no answer. The phase of moving on was useless at this point, knowing that she would eventually see him in coincidence again. Her feelings would threaten to come back, when she knew that he belonged to someone else. He was occupied by someone who was much more better than her.

But what bothered her the most was how he had completely forgotten all about her, about them. The way he spoke to her made her feel hopeless, lifeless, heartbroken. While he was already setting eyes on someone else, she was left behind in a heartbroken state, trapped.

She sighed angrily, wiping the tears that had somehow fallen down her cheeks. She was alarmed by the light knock on her door, rubbing her eyes and opening it to reveal Jihoo. He stood there with a sad smile on his face, a small tub of vanilla ice cream and two tiny spoons all juggled in both hands.

Sujin pulled a small smile as she welcomed him into her bedroom, plopping her butt onto the bed. He opened the tub of ice cream and handed her a spoon, his eyes showing the pity that he felt for her.

"That was him, right?" He questioned her softly as her eyes met his, nodding her head in reply.

"Go ahead, laugh at me." She chuckled bitterly, feeding herself a spoon of ice cream, "I should laugh at myself too, for being stupid."

"Why are you blaming yourself?" He asked, shaking his head, "He left you."

"I'm stupid for not ending things when I knew they were bound to end." She let her head hang low, the tears forming in the brim of her eyes.

"Sujin, he left you knowing that he could do much more better without having you by his side." He remarked, taking a spoonful into his mouth, "You can't just make yourself feel like it's all your fault."

"It is my fault," She whispered, "I was the one that was holding him back."

"This is why he was the one that left you without warning, he was the one that broke things off without hearing your opinion." He explained, "The only difference is that you are the only one still holding on, whenhe was already letting you go."

"I can't let go, it's difficult." She muttered to herself as she bit her lip and looked back up at him.

"You love the people that hurt you, but hurt the people that love you." He pursed his lips into a line as he stood up, patting her head and leaving the tub of ice cream with her. "Go take some rest, and think things through. Good night, Sujin."

He shut the door behind him and leaned his back against it, closing his eyes and letting out a soft sigh. He turned back towards her door, reaching for the doorknob until he stopped midway. He shook his head and headed to his bedroom instead, lying in bed and shutting his eyes to think.

"Jihoo, you can't love someone who's still in love with someone else." He reminded himself, shaking his head, "You can't fall in love. Don't fall in love."

✽✽✽ 

Sujin was completely lost and confused. She had no idea how long she had been lying in bed with tear stains on her pillow, and crumpled facial tissues all piled up around her. What she did know was that the past did haunt her, and it was haunting her slowly.