Chapter 7

I'm not so sure about this chapter... but enjoy reading it anyway!

Chapter 7

“You’re endangering yourself and everyone else. I don’t get why you won’t shift...” My mum sighed as she leaned back into the car seat, waiting for me to leave.

“I can’t tell you right now.” I grumbled as I unlocked the door; the cool breeze whipping against my face as I jumped out of the car. “We’ll talk later...” My mum said glancing at me out of the corner of her eye before gripping the steering wheel. I kicked the door shut and turned, not wanting a kiss goodbye.

Danni was waiting for me as usual, standing by the gates and waving as if she were trying to swat away flies. She stopped waving as I approached her, her gaze lingering on something behind me.

I frowned, “why is it that whenever I see you, you always seem to be focused on something else?” I asked as her eyes flickered to mine for a brief second before darting back towards whatever it was behind me.

“Um...” Was all she said as her eyes widened and as small gasp escaped her lips.

“She’s coming over here...” Danni muttered as I turned around to try and see why she was so tongue tied.

“Amelia...” Danni whispered as a girl with long jet black hair pushed her way through a crowd of people and made her way towards us. As she came closer, an evil smile curled onto her face, her eyes narrowing.

“Dunny has a new friend, I’m surprised.” Amelia said as she reached us, her black eyes darting from Danni to me.

“I thought I told you to stay out of my way.” Amelia practically growled at Danni who was shaking with fear, it reminded me so much of Jane that I just snapped.

As Amelia shoved Danni out of the way and made her way into school I followed her. I tapped her on the shoulder and as she turned around with a scowl on her flawless face; I forgot about what trouble I might get in to.

My fist collided with her face.

She stumbled backwards, clutching her now pink cheek as she glared at me. I looked down at my hand in shock before looking back at Amelia who lunged forward, snarling like a wild beast.

Glowering, she swung her arm expecting to hit me, I ducked as she tried. A crowd had now circled around us, making it impossible to leave. Some people were cheering while others were hissing.

Amelia swung again, this time slapping me across the face. I yelped as her manicured nails dragged across my cheek, leaving behind four red marks.

“Amelia stop it!” Amelia turned her head, looking around for the owner of the voice. Brent pushed his way through the crowd, worry etched upon his face as he looked at me. I raised a hand and touched my now bleeding cheek as he made his way over.“Mr Kurt is coming, the school principal.” He muttered, not looking me in the eyes.

Everyone seemed to have stopped moving as they waited for Mr Kurt to appear. A few short seconds later a booming voice yelled, “Move out of the way!”

The crowd dispersed as a short balding man with chubby cheeks made his way towards us, his chest puffed out as if trying to intimidate people. Danni walked behind him, her head hung as she followed.

Mr Kurt looked up at me through his circular glasses squinting as if he couldn’t see.

Brent didn’t leave as the principal looked at him, waiting for him to turn and go.

“She attacked me!” Amelia accused, pointing a blood stained finger towards me. “I was standing up for Danni!” I argued as Mr Kurt jutted his chin out, his beady eyes peering at the both of us.