Chapter Eleven

The First Day

   "Alright everybody! Up! It's time to get up! Busses leave in two hours! Everyone better get their asses up and presentable! Come on, people! Let's go, let's go!"

   I groaned and rolled over, pressing my face into my pillow. Except it wasn't a pillow. It was comfortable like one, yes, but it had a hardness to it.

   Oh my god, I'm sleeping on Joey's chest.

   I sat up suddenly, rubbing my face. My eyes were blurry and I was still half asleep. I was definitely not a morning person. I looked around as everyone else slowly sat up, looking lost. I think everyone had drunk a little too much last night and were slightly hungover.

   Semi-reluctantly, I made eye contact with Joey. He was leaning against the back of the couch, a small smile on his face.

    I cannot believe I kissed him ... well, he kissed me. I moved to America to focus on soccer and not get a boyfriend.

   I smiled back hesitantly before getting up, heading to my room to get changed. Apocalyptour II had a total of 25 shows, starting in Indianapolis and finishing in Ann Arbour. According to Lauren, we were basically repeating the first Apocalyptour, but adding Ann Arbour, I guess as some kind of kind gesture, as Ann Arbour was where Starkid first started.

   Outside of the house were two massive tour busses. Some people were travelling via plane but I had requested that I go by bus. I had a terrible fear of heights, so flying was out of the option. Plus, going on the bus meant I could do the exercises Vanessa had given me.

   On my bus was Lauren, Dylan, Brian Holden, Brian Rosenthal (he insisted I called him Brosenthal), Jim, Meredith, Rachael and, of course, Joey. The kitchenette was small but it had a fridge, sink and microwave. The bathroom would be difficult with my claustrophobia, as there wasn't even one step between the shower and the sink, and the sink and the toilet. I'm sure if I sat on the toilet, I could touch the shower if I stuck my leg out.

   Past the kitchenette and bathroom was the section with all the beds. There was two double beds (which Brian and Meredith called dibs on one of them) and six singles. Lauren, Dylan, Brosenthal, Jim and Rachael began to argue over who got the second double before Joey interrupted them.

   "Shouldn't we give the person with the broken leg the double bed? Doesn't that make sense?" He then pointed to me and my blushing face.

   "I don't mind, uh, where I sleep. But yeah, I'd prefer a double. But I'm not a Starkid so really, it's okay if one of you guys' want it."

   Joey got his way and I got the second double bed. Not that I was complaining, having a double bed on tour would be awesome.

   The nine of us then progressed into the last room of the bus, which contained a couch that covered three walls, and a large TV. Well, large for a tour bus. Honestly, this was a pretty amazing place to live for the next month or so.

   "Alright then," Dylan called out. "Welcome to the beginning of Apocalyptour II!"

   We all shouted in celebration, ready for the tour to start.

   I was nervous, to be honest. I agreed to do this because I thought it would be fun, an interesting experience, and because everyone said that desperately needed someone who was fun to come along. It would have been fine if Joey hadn't kissed me.

[boring, i know. but this story is kinda boring and i've lost motivation to write it but i'm not giving up on it] [it's just not going to be a very good story and it'll probably be full of plot holes]