Help?

Clawdene heard the doorbell. "Argh!  Who rings a doorbell this late?" She wiped off her tears with the back of her hand, tied up her hair and dragged herself to the door.

When she opened the door, Max was standing there, coat at hand. She didn't hesitate to hug him harder than she ever did. She then started sobbing. Max hugged her back for a couple of minutes. She really needed that hug. He carried her back inside and laid her on the couch. There, they sat quietly as he brushed her hair softly and looked at her as she drifted slowly to sleep.

He knew Clawdene all too well. Talking about what was wrong made her sadder and angrier. All he had to do was be there and wait until she started the topic. So he stayed. Until further notice.

He looked her and wondered what bothered her. She had never cried that much ever since her father passed on. Well, her mother did pass on too, but she didn't really know her much. She was only 3 at that time. Her father on the other hand was found outside their house, half eaten. And dead, of course. Oddly, she blamed herself. Heaven knows why.

She mumbled something in her sleep and Max chuckled a bit. He picked her up and took her to bed. After a light kiss on her forehead, he sat in a chair next to her and fell asleep.

Few hours later, something woke him up. Something big. And it was coming right at him...