Memories.

"Ok , now show me what you've got." Jimmy said as he showed the two ladies where to sit.

"Well, as you can see here, the "predator" leaves marks on the neck which are in a similar pattern as the ones on the arm. We also checked on the other victim and the results are the same, " Clawdene explained, "There was another attack yesterday, off Laser street. And we're going to take a look at him today. The patterns come out as initials, CV."

She said as she slammed the file full of pictures on Jimmy's table. He studied them, smiled and nodded. "Good work girls. I knew you'd handle this in a jiffy." Both of them smiled as they glanced at each other.

The two best friends got out of the O.P.A.T. HQ 10 minutes later with a mission at hand. "So, where next?" Agatha asked. "Some mortuary on the other side of town. More work." Clawdene replied, sighing heavily and rolling her eyes. They hopped into Agatha's Mazda and they were in the mortuary in the next hour.

As they walked through the halls, they passed lifeless bodies which had labels on them. They really wanted to stop and observe some, but that assistant lady gave them the eye. The kind of eye your mom gives you when she knows what you did.

When they got to the man's body, Clawdene sucked in some air and winced a bit. Agatha noticed. "Don't worry, we've seen many bodies before.. Except that the other bodies had hands and feet." she said as she bit her lower lip a little. Clawdene took a deep breath as the assistant left the room for the girls to do whatever they had to do. She couldn't even pretend to care about them.

"Ok. So, the guy has they same marks as the other two. And this "creature" only eats half of the body," Clawdene said, swallowing hard while touching the neck of the man, "CV.. If only there were other clues."

As Agatha looked at the body, she saw clear bites. They looked like a dog's bite on a chicken that was interrupting his feeding session.

Clawdene looked at the man's eyes. She stepped back. Agatha called her. No response. She just continued stepping back while looking at the guy. She called her again, this time louder. Clawdene turned back, tears in her eyes, and ran all the way to the car.

Agatha ran after her and found her crying in the back seat.

"Clawdene," Agatha called, for the hundredth time. "Is this about your dad again?" she asked as she looked at her, worriedly. She just hugged her for a while, got into the driver's seat and drove silently home, just the way Clawdene liked it.

Only Clawdene knew that it wasn't only her late dad she was thinking about...