Chapter 21

Sam, Bucky and I stayed in the car while Steve went to talk to Sharon and get our weapons. I sat behind the driver's seat while Bucky sat behind Sam. Bucky's knees we're deep into the back of the seat in front of him and he looked very annoyed.

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky finally asked.

"No", Sam deadpanned. Bucky glared at the back of his head angrily.

I looked back to Steve and Sharon, just to see them making out. Remembering what Sam told me about who she was, I almost gagged. They finally stopped making out and Steve walked over to the car all happy and smiley. Sam shot him a grin.

About 5 minutes into the ride, I couldn't keep it in any longer.

"Hey Steve?" I leaned over the seat to be closer to him. "I have to ask. How do you feel about kissing your dead girlfriend's niece?"

Sam's lips made a surprised "O" as he looked over to Steve and me. I watched as Steve's cheeks turned crimson. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

"Can you just sit back down, please?" He asked nervously.

"Come on, that's a valid question!" Sam protested. Steve shot him a look, then his eyes were back on the road.

"Sit down, Andrea. Driving like that is dangerous", Steve said firmly. I smirked and so did Sam.

"But I'm not the one drivi- OH!"

Bucky put his hands on my hips and pulled me back down on my seat. I glanced at him angrily then tried to get back up, but he put his metal arm around my shoulders and held me down. "Fine", I muttered, crossing my arms on my chest.

------------------

I'd moved to my side of the car and was looking out the window at the scenery in silence. The only sound came from Bucky, who was shuffling in his seat, trying to position himself so he's comfortable. He kicked the seat in front of him in the process. Sam and I turned to him at the same time. "Can you stop moving?!" We said together.

Bucky pouted slightly and looked down. I turned back to the window when I heard him shifting again. I felt his leg next to mine and it pushed me all the way to the door. He was sitting in the middle of the back seat, his legs spread wide. He smirked to himself.

"Bucky, move. There's no space for me now."

He glanced at me. "You're tiny so no."

I sighed and tried to push his leg away, but it wouldn't move. Instead, he pushed me even more to the door. "Buckyyyyy", I whined. He just shrugged.

I threw my legs over his, leaning my back against the door. Bucky raised his eyebrows but didn't say anything. He just put his hands on my legs - the metal one on my thigh, close to my knee; the human one on my ankle.

Car rides like this weren't particularly exciting, so I occupied myself by staring at Bucky and eventually getting lost in my thoughts. I studied Bucky's face, his strong jawline, cute nose, ice blue eyes, his lips... His lips. My eyes stayed on them, imagining how nice it would be to kiss him. I bit my lip but the thoughts kept coming, going towards something more than kissing. I felt myself blush but my mind wouldn't shut down. Not that I really wanted it to.

My train of thought was interrupted suddenly. "Stop staring at me Andrea", Bucky said. My mind went straight to panic mode.

"You're really pleasant to look at, pretty boy", I blurted out. Sam turned his head and looked at me surprised and Bucky's cheeks flushed. I felt my entire body burning.

"It's hot in here, turn the AC on", I said to change to subject.

"Nah, that's just you", Sam winked at me. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Bucky. He was frowning and glaring at the back of Sam's head.