52. - Hand In Marriage -

The one week mark has passed and finally it's time for the Faulkersons to pay the Mendozas a visit so they can formally announce the wedding and start talking about how it will happen.  RJ and Maine are particularly excited about it but at the same time they're also worried that opinions of the people that matters to them the most won't be on the same page.

"Ano pa bang kailangan nating bilhin?"

"Sugar na lang tsaka 1 can ng peaches."

"Para san ba yung peaches?"

"Fruit salad RJ san pa ba? Bilisan na natin baka mamaya umiiyak na si Thirdy." Maine and Thirdy spent the night at her house so they can still help with the preparation. RJ would have come with them too, but he had to work late last night so they can finish the quarterly report.

"What can of peaches do I pick? Pare-parehas lang naman sila."

"Kumuha ka na lang jan." she told him and so he did. Realizing that they are only halfway through their grocery list and they already don't have much time, Maine ripped their list into two so they can split and get all the items as possible.

"You sure?" RJ then asked her.

"Yeah." she replied before pushing the cart away from him. "I'll meet you  at counter 7." that's all she told him before disappearing towards the vegetables section.

---

RJ's eyes widened after he saw what's on his list. He gulped and nervously walked towards the section where he'll find most of it.

The young man grabbed a couple of soaps, shampoos , baby wipes, diapers and baby powder./ But then the moment arrived, the one he's been trying to avoid.

"Now which one do I get?" he whispered, eyes transfixed at dozens and dozens of panty liners and napkins all stacked up high.  He tried to call Maine but she's not answering, he texted but there's also no respond.

"This is torture." RJ heard a voice inside his head say. He doesn't have any clue which one Maine uses a lot,  so he just did what any guy in his position would do.

---

"Nakuha mo na lahat? Bakit ang daming nappies tsaka napkin?" she asked, looking at an entire cart full of them. Maine then shifted her eyes towards RJ, whose cheeks are still as red as a cherry because of embarrassment.

"Di ko naman kasi alam kung anong ginagamit niyo eh kaya kumuha na ako ng tig-dalawa bawat klase." he replied. Maine then pinched her cheeks before she laughed a bit.

"Para san yon?" he asked, clueless.

"Wala, ang cute mo kasi eh." she replied.

"Di ka naman naglilihi niyan di ba?"

"Ay grabe ka, hindi ah. And besides, kung maglilihi man ako hindi sa'yo." she replied before turning her back on him.

"Bakit naman?"

"Kasi ..."

"Kasi what?" he asked in his annoyed tone.

"Kasi ... baka maging kasing pogi mo siya , madami siyang paiyakin."

Maine then pulled out two Modess packs and three large Pampers diaper packs from the cart he brought to her. After doing so , she walked towards the counter to pay for everything they need.

"Ako pa talaga ang grabe ngayon ah." RJ whispered at her.

"Oh bakit? totoo naman ah."