34.-Sweet Nothings-

"You love me?" RJ asked, unsure of what he should feel. The young guy is genuinely taken by surprise by his baby mama's revelation. He looked at her straight in the eyes, RJ's still trying to find the right words he should say. 

"Love you? what? wala akong sinabing ganiyan ah." Maine replied, denying what just happened. 

"I'm not fucking deaf. I heard you." 

"Narinig mo naman pala ... bakit pina-paulit mo pa?" she asked. RJ is trying his best to keep it together, but deep inside .. he is already celebrating. 

"Wala lang. 

"Kinikilig ka no? Neknek mo, joke lang yun." Maine answered. RJ stared at her and saw how blushing her cheeks are. That's when he realized she's not kidding at all. 

RJ took one step closer to her. He squinted his fixating eyes at Maine, trying to tease her and make her defenses weaker. 

"Wag kang lalapit Ricrado sisigaw ako." she warned. 

"Baliw ka ba? wala naman makakarinig." he replied. RJ started unbuttoning his suit, making her even more uncomfortable.

"Galit pa rin ako sa'yo wag kang ano." 

"I'm sorry Maine ... I didn't mean to say that."

"You didn't?, I don't believe you. Bahala ka sa buhay mo." Maine uttered before she started walking away from him. The moment she reached the stair case, RJ yelled the word "Wait" to make her stop.

"Oh bakit?" she asked in an annoyed tone. 

RJ was going to say it, he's going to admit his feelings for her.  

"Oh? ano?" Maine asked in her annoyed tone. That caught RJ off guard, making him get his tongue all twisted. 

"I .... I...am." RJ started. 

"What? alam mo RJ , matulog ka na nga lang. Mas malandi ka pa sakin eh." Maine told him before she ran upstairs. 

"Shit I'm dead ... I am so dead." 

--

Maine wasn't able to sleep properly because of what she did. She just sat at the side of her bed for most of the night and repeatedly asked herself why she said those two words to him.  Maine is well aware of the complications her confession will bring, that's why she also started preparing her emotional self for anything that can happen. 

"You can do this Maine. Hindi mo kailangang maging awkward sa kaniya  ... kaya mo to."  she said while looking at her own reflection in the mirror.  Maine is giving herself a pep talk before she steps out of the room. She knows RJ will do everything in his power to make her repeat what she had told him. But she already has a plan, Maine will make RJ suffer before she goes all sweet on him again. 

A few minutes later, Maine got out of the master's bedroom and went straight to Thirdy's so she can check on him. But much to her surprise, he's not there. 

She then went to RJ's room. The door is slightly open that's why she thought they're inside. Maine slowly opened the door, only to find that the room is empty as well. 

The young girl then went downstairs to look for her two babies, RJ and Mallory. It took her about five minutes before she noticed the two of them standing right outside the massive glass wall in the living room. She stopped on her track and admired the view that is RJ holding Thirdy close to him as they basks in the sunlight to get enough Vitamin D. 

Maine couldn't help but get a bit emotional seeing how happy RJ is. She remembered what Sebastian had told him. And he was right, they are now a family.