Chapter One-Hundred-Sixteen

Start from the beginning

I glanced up at General Organa, who was already quickly climbing down the ladder. 

"Do you know where Kylo Ren is?" Leia shouted into my ear once she hit the floor. We were both looking past the force field. She had to yell because if she hadn't then I wouldn't have been able to hear her. The stormtroopers were still firing at us, regardless of whether or not there was a force field. The president hadn't ordered them to stop and their blasters were of earsplitting volume. 

"I've got a few ideas." I replied to Leia. I looked up at my force field and compressed the electricity downwards and inwards so it only surrounded a tight space around Leia and I. 

I turned my head slightly back towards Leia. "Walk slowly," I ordered, "And we'll make our way towards the staircase." 

The stormtroopers' shooting slowed down because they realized they weren't doing any damage. When the sound of blasters finally completely died out, all of their white helmeted heads turned towards President Edroth, awaiting further instruction. Leia and I continuously made our way forward and the stormtroopers backed out of the way, not wanting to get in contact with the electrical force field. 

Edroth gazed at us, appalled and furious. Hux stood beside her, staring at me as if he wanted to kill me right on the spot -- which he probably did desire that. 

"What did I tell you about this one?" Hux muttered to Edroth, loud enough for Leia and I to hear, clearly talking about me. 

Edroth didn't acknowledge that comment. She first addressed the stormtroopers. "I want both of them arrested, immediately. Go to whatever lengths you must to get them both locked up." She then turned to Hux, and said, "Find Kylo Ren. Keep him away from this. I don't know what these two want but they could be looking to assassinate."

I almost laughed. Edroth must know absolutely nothing about Kylo Ren and I. Obviously I would not be attempting to assassinate him, and neither would his mother. 

General Hux glanced at us, looking a bit wary. "If you don't mind, ma'am, I have my doubts about accusing them of attempted assassination."

Edroth immediately shot back, "Do as I say, General. Find Kylo Ren. Keep him out of sight." 

Throughout their entire exchange, Leia and I had been listening closely while making our way towards the staircase leading out of the hangar. The stormtroopers had tentatively followed us. They hadn't a clue as to how to imprison Leia and I if we were surrounded by the electricity and they didn't know how to dismantle my powers, either. 

Hux beat us to the staircase and quickly scaled all of the steps. Leia and I began to inch up the steps as well. The stormtroopers still stared at us in confusion. 

"What are you all doing? Do something!" President Edroth shouted at them before storming up a different set of steps and out of the hangar. 

Leia and I began to move up the stairs quicker. We exited the hangar and began to make our way through the First Order's base. 

*****

Kylo Ren's POV

I stood in the center of the main control room for the entire ship, surveying the operations of the employees. Everyone knew that Nira had gone rogue again and this time I had no excuse for her. I hadn't spoken to anyone about her latest escape in hopes that I could come up with a lie or something that would excuse her. 

I was having a hard time creating a lie to cover up her actions this time around, though. 

I was certainly angry at Nira. I had no clue where she was headed or why she was motivated to leave the First Order's base without permission again. I didn't know why Nira thought illegally hijacking a ship again was a good idea. I didn't know what to think. 

Nira was becoming reckless and I didn't like it one bit. She wasn't talking to me as much about what goes on in her head and it upset me. 

I didn't know if I'd be able to help Nira this time. I wasn't sure how much I could protect her from charges against her for criminal activity. I wanted to help her and make sure all is well but I couldn't assure myself that I could do that. 

I distantly heard the door to the control room open. Upon closing, I heard, "Kylo Ren!"

I turned to see that it was General Hux who had sharply called my name. "What is it, Hux?" I asked in my low, altered voice. 

"There is an immediate threat to your safety occurring near hangar three and President Edroth requested that you report to the hidden bunkers." The red-head informed me. 

"What is the threat?" I questioned, suspicious of any piece of information Hux had to give me. 

He didn't answer for a few seconds, raising my suspicion of him. 

"There is evidence to believe that the Resistance has infiltrated our base and is attempting to assassinate you." Hux stated. 

I was astounded. "Why was I not informed of this before you if I am in danger and I have a higher ranked position than you? This is ridiculous. Why are you the middle man to relay crucial information? Why -- "

I abruptly halted my speech. I froze and focused deep within me, where I had felt a minor disturbance in the Force. 

I feel something . . . Something stressed . . . Pressured . . . 

"Kylo Ren?" Hux tentatively spoke, confused by my silence. I held up a silent hand, motioning for him to be quiet. The entire room fell quiet as well as General Hux. 

I meditated in the silence for several long moments, centralizing my thoughts into this small rupture in the Force surrounding the base. Finally the spiritual message reached me. 

I then slowly looked at Hux. "I will report to the bunker when I deem necessary. No one on this base is going to harm me." 

I then quickly exited the hangar and began making my way down the hallways. I was blindly following my Force instincts. The Force lead me around corners and decided for me whether to turn left or right. 

I then reached the threshold of the training arena where I had spent so many hours with Nira herself. The Force was directing me into the arena, pulling me towards the inside. I hesitated before walking in. I knew what would await me. 

I walked through the threshold and saw both of them sitting at the table -- Nira, the love of my life, and Leia Organa, my mother. An electrical force field surrounded them, and around that were a few stormtroopers. 

Leia and Nira both looked up at me. I made eye contact with both and prepared myself for whatever they had come to see me for. 

_____

Author's Note

I have a race soon and I'm super nervous ahhh! Okay see you all later!