Round 2

-Delta's POV-

My group and I were following Annabeth and Percy on the right flank. As soon as the fighting starts me and the others slip through their ranks to the center, and practically fight our way out. Once the horn blows is when we attack. We arrived at our spot and stopped.

     "Are you ready?" Annabeth asked me.

     I didn't want to lie to her, so I didn't. "No."

     "Do you even know what you're doing."

     "No."

     "Ok, you're not going to wanna hear this-"

     "Then don't say it."

     "Let me switch places with you."

     "No way. I'm not putting anyone else in more unnecessary danger. Especially you."

     "Come on, I'm more experienced. I'll be fine."

     "You don't know that. And if anything happened to you Percy would kill me."

     "And if anything happens to you Percy will be devastated."

     "I'm sorry but the answer is no. This is something you can not change." I could tell that by the look on her face she wanted to argue more but the horn sounded.

     Before she took off she said one last thing to me, "Be safe."

     Her group charged to the army. I could see some of the other groups fighting as well. There was monster dust already everywhere. I guess my plan worked. We did take them by surprise. We stayed back for a minute or two when I saw an opening. I looked at Reyna, I guess she saw the opening to because we just nodded and took off towards the center.

     We killed some monsters along the way until we were at the center. There weren't many monsters there because they were all focused on the outside. Which gave us the perfect opportunity to kill some from behind. We all went our separate ways.

     I walked up behind a group of earthborn and empousa. I gripped my sword tighter. I swung it and cut off the earthborn's head making it explode into dust. That when the others noticed me. "Miss me," I said and I charged.

     An earthborn charged at me so I sidestepped  and stabbed him in the back. Then an empousa jumped up at me so I held my sword up and it fell on it. Two down and a lot more to go.

     Then three empousa attacked me at once. The one on the left attacked and I blocked it with my sword, then kicked the one in the middle backwards, and sliced the last one with my sword. But the other two came again. The one in the middle attacked and I stopped it with my sword. But I couldn't move. Then the second one scratched my leg and I cried out in pain and fell to my knees. I knew I had to do something quick so moved my sword and sliced the other one while I used my leg to make the one in front of me fall on her back. And I stabbed her in the chest.
     Then I heard the horn sound the retreat. I hadn't realized we were fighting for so long. I was about to head back when I saw a boulder come at me. I dove out of the way just in time. But as soon as I got to my feet I saw another boulder coming. I tried to jump out of the way but it caught my shoulder and I cried out in pain. I tried to stand up again but barely could. And of course there was another boulder. I tried to get out of the way but it hit my legs and I couldn't move.

     I laid on the ground in pain thinking it was over. The monsters surrounded me. Then everything went black. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that's the next chapter.  I'm not sure if it's that good because fighting scenes aren't exactly my specialty. Hope you enjoyed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~