Pegacorn

-Delta's POV-

I thought the empousa were bad enough. Now we had Griffins chasing us. I hate prophecies, why did it have to include me? Now we are on a quest to stop an army and one of us will die. I can't let it be John, I thought. I was lost in thought when the screech of the Griffins and cry of empousa brought me back to reality. I turned back to see a man standing surrounded by yellow dust. Then I realized he looked like the guy from my dream, my first night at camp. It was Poseidon, my dad.

I walked up to him hesitantly with Percy right behind me. We said at the same time, "Dad?"

"Yes," he replied.

     "What are you doing here?" I asked.

     "I've come to help."

     Then I remembered what he said to me in my dream.

~Flashback~

     I was in a dark room and there was a man standing in the center. I couldn't tell what he was wearing.

     "Delta," he said.

     "Um, who are you?" I asked.

     "Why I'm Poseidon. You're father."

     "Ok," I said slowly.

     "I wanted to tell I'll be able to help you a little on your quest."

     "How?"

     "Only time will tell."

     "I have a question."

     "Ask away."

     "Why did mom give me up?"

     "I convinced her."

     "What?!"

     "I'm sorry. I told her that it would not be safe for both of you. Especially you."

     "What does that mean?"

     "You're stronger than your brother."

     "What powers do I have?"

     "You can control water, use water to heal yourself, stay dry in water, and breath underwater. Those are the ones I can remember. There are more. It's almost time for you to walk up."

     "No I have more questions."

     "One last thing. Your watch turns into a shield and your necklace a sword."

     "What? But how-" then Percy woke me up.

~End of flashback~

     Percy was waving his hand in my face and saying, "Hello earth to Delta."

     I grabbed his hand said, " You're not allowed to do that."

     "Why not?" he asked.

     "Because that's John's job. He's been doing it for years," I replied. Everyone chuckles at that. "So dad, how are you going to help?"

     "By creating a creature for you. Anything you want," my dad replied.

     I was shocked, but I knew what I wanted. "A Pegacorn," I said.

     "A what corn?"

     "A Pegacorn."

     "A Pegacorn?"

     "Yep."

"What's, what's a Pegacorn?"

All my friends were staring at me with a curious face. "A Pegasus and Unicorn." Don't judge me I'm twelve. "And it has powers."

All my friend said at once, "Powers?"

"Yeah. It can control water, grant wishes with its horn, talk, it has super hearing, and obviously fly. Now the way it looks like is it has silver and blue hair. And to state the obvious it's a girl."

"You've given this some thought," Poseidon said.

"Yeah. So can you make it?"

"I'll see what I can do." My dad made some water the shape of the animal then there was a bright light. The light was so bright we averted our eyes. When it was done I looked in front of me and saw a Pegacorn. It looked exactly like I said. I ran over to her and hugged her.

     "I'm going to call you Marie."

     "Cool I like that name," a voice replied.

     "Wait did you just talk?"

     "Of course."

     I turned to my friends and said, "This is the coolest thing ever."

-Piper's POV-(it's about time)

I have to admit when Delta said she wanted a Pegacorn, I thought she had gone crazy. But when I saw it, it really was the coolest thing ever. Now don't judge me but I want one.

"Now if that's all, I must be going," Poseidon said.

"Dad wait. I have one more favor," Delta replied.

"And that is?"

"I was wondering if you could get six pegasi to fly us to California. I'll take Marie."

"Of course daughter."

A while later six pegasi appeared and we mounted them. Then an idea popped into my head.

"Hey Delta," I said.

"Hey Piper. What's up?" She asked.

"Can we make a stop in California?" I asked hopefully.

"Sure. Why?"

I'm pretty sure everyone was listening now so I said, "We have some friends to visit."