Chapter Twenty-One

We stood at the doorsteps of my house and i could already tell Scott was freaking out. "Baby calm down. It's going to be fine." He looked at me. "You do realize your father and brother hate me already because i was an asshole and hurt you." I stood in front of him. "Babe people make mistakes but you make me happy and that's all that matters." He looked me in the eyes and sighed. "We have to do this." He said and i'm a hundred percent sure he was just talking to himself. I knocked on the door and my brother Jason opened it and he smiled but it soon faded away once he saw Scott. His fist balled up and he stepped forward. "Jason stop!" I demanded. He looked at me. "What the hell is that asshole doing here?"He asked glaring at Scott. "He is the man i love Jason." His eyes darted to me. "He broke your heart. He made you cry your damn eyes out and you are with him again?" He yelled. I closed my eyes. "Jason, I love him. He loves me. He just made a mistake and he was trying to look out for me. He wanted me happy and he didn't think he would make me happy. But he was wrong. He makes me very happy." I smiled and looked at Scott.  Jason looked at me. "He makes you happy?" I shook my head. "Very happy." He sighed and looked at Scott and took a step forward and placed his hand on Scott's shoulder. "If you ever and i mean ever hurt my little sister again. I swear on everything i love. I will put you six feet under. And i will smile as they put you in that hole." He threatened. Scott took a step back in fear. "Jason don't scare him off now." My mothers voice came from behind me. This time I tensed up. I turned around and smiled. "Mom." She glared at me. "Don't you mom me. Why didn't you tell me about him?"She pulled me into a hug and then stopped and stared at my hand. "Carter Elizabeth Ryan's what is that?" My mom exclaimed getting Jason's attention and he came up to us and saw my hand. Shit. "What the hell is that?" I yanked my hand away from my mom. "Um yeah that's what we came here to talk about." I said looking away. "I'll kill him." Jason yelled. "Stop! No one is killing anyone!" I yelled. "Are you pregnant?" I looked at him like he was crazy. "Are you serious right now? No you asshole I am not pregnant!" I exclaimed. "Then why the hell do you have a engagement ring on!" He yelled. "Because i love him and he loves me." He cut me off. "You are fucking eighteen! You don't even know what love is!" I laughed. "This coming from the guy who hasn't had a decent girlfriend since high school!" I yelled. He choked out a laugh. "That's because I don't want to be with anyone. You are too damn young to be getting married Carter." He said calmer this time. I closed my eyes. "We aren't gonna get married early. We are gonna just be engaged for a few years." I said and Jason looked at Scott. "Why are you doing this?" My mother asked. I looked at her. "Mom i love him." She shook her head. "I understand that. But are you serious about this..I mean have you thought this through." I grabbed her hand. "Yes mom. I thought this through. A lot actually. I know what I am doing." She shook her head. "Well Scott is it?" She asked. "Yes ma'am." She smiled at him. "Welcome to the family. But like my son over there said. If you hurt her it won't be pretty." She said and walked back inside. "Where's dad?" I asked. Jason looked at me. "He was in the kitchen so i guess he already knows everything." Jason said.  I looked at Scott. "Let me talk to him first." Scott shook his head and I looked at Jason. "You come with me." I pointed at him and walked inside.  I grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside with me. "Daddy." He looked at me. "I don't want to hear it. This isn't happening." I sighed. "Daddy I love him." He glared at me. "He is not the one for you." He stated. I glared at him. "You have no idea who the one is for me. Dad I understand. I am your little girl but dad i love him and he makes me very happy." I said and he looked at me. "You are sure about this?" He asked, I shook my head. "Yes daddy and we aren't getting married right away.. We are gonna stay engaged for now." He shook his head and ran his hand over his face. "Fine. But if he hurts you I will personally ruin his life. " Jason chimed in. "Yeah see i'm gonna help with that dad." I looked back at him. "Y'all are gonna scare him away." I said glaring at both of them. "He needs to be scared of us. I am your father and he's your brother." My dad said smiling. I shook my head. "Do you want to meet him?" I asked. "Well duh." I laughed and went to go get him. "Come on babe." He took in a deep breath and grabbed my hand and walked in with me.  "Scott right?" My dad asked and Scott's hand tightened with mine. "Yes Sir." Scott answered back. "I only have two things to say. One: If you ever make my little girl cry like that again i will personally make your life a living hell. Two: Welcome to the family don't make me regret my decision of trying to like you." Scott didn't say anything he just shook his head. I couldn't help but smile. "Daddy I think you scared him." I laughed and Scott just tightened his grip on my hand. "Good that's my job." My dad smiled. Me Jason and dad all busted out laughing as Scott's face showed nothing but fear. "Babe don't worry he ain't gonna hurt you. I promise." I kissed his cheek and his grip on my hand loosened a little. "I love you." I whispered in his ear. He smiled at me. "I love you too." I heard Jason make some weird noise. "Okay love birds stop being all lovey dovey. Y'all make me want to puke." Me and Scott busted out laughing. "Oh so he does have a sense of humor." Jason said smiling. I gave Scott a side hug and he clung onto me for a few seconds, Making me smile like an idiot. God with everything we have been through i never thought we would end up here. Engaged to be married and in love with each other. This boy that stood beside me was the one i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I never wanted to spend a single day without calling him mine. He was my Always and Forever. He was my dream come true. I looked up at Scott and not caring if anyone was watching i planted my lips on his wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiled as I kissed him and placed his hands on my sides. This is where i belonged with this boy for the rest of my life.