Chapter Fourteen

Two Weeks Later

I walked into the school the heels on my black heels clamping all the way to my locker, Scott and I haven't talked since we broke up and i want to keep it that way because i know if i speak to him, I will instantly want him back, I opened my locker grabbing my math textbook and journal. "You know i swear i can hear you a mile away with those damn heels on" chads voice came from behind me. I turned around smiling at him, "Good than i know people will know to run." He slung his arm around my shoulder pulling me into his side. "So are you coming to Kim's party tonight?" "I don't know, i really want to because i love Kim but i don't want to see him." i said and chad stopped and looked at me, "Carter i swear if you let that jackass ruin your life i will beat the crap out of you!" he demanded "I am not letting him ruin my life i just don't want to see him Chad." I said, looking him in the eyes. "Carter please come, i promise you i will keep him away from you." He begged grabbing my hands and pulling me into his chest. "Fine" i sighed giving up, He smiled and kissed my cheek pulling me into math class to our normal seats. I pulled out my journal and just started writing ignoring the teacher like i always do, "Well, isn't it nice to see you Ms.Blake" the teacher said and Kim walked to her seat beside me flipping the teacher off once he turned around, "God i can't stand that man"She groaned. "Okay so you better be coming to my party tonight or i will slap you so hard that tan will no longer be there." she said in a stern voice, "I am coming don't worry girl" i said and she smiled pulling me into her arms, "Yay!" The teacher looked at us glaring and i couldn't help but laugh and wave at him and he shook his head turning back around. "I bet he hates ya'll two" Chad whispers in my ear and i smile looking at him, "Everybody hates me, it just comes Naturally." "I don't hate you" He said kissing my cheek, I looked at Kim and she was smiling, "Don't even say it" i whisper in her ear and she just shook her head. I looked up to find Scott staring at me, he smiled at me once my eyes connected with his and i just put my head down and started writing again, "Don't let him get to you." Chad whispered in my ear, i just shook my head looking up once more to find Scott glaring at Chad. The bell rung and i got up and stormed out of the classroom only to be pulled into a janitors closet, "So you just forget about me and move onto Chad." Scott's voice growled out, "Don't you even go there Scott and why do you care? We are over you broke up with me, remember what you said and i quote I just want to do what is best for you." "I didn't mean for you to move onto Chad." he growled out, "Well to freaking bad, i like him and if you have a problem with that then oh well." I was so lying i mean i liked chad but not like that i was still in love with Scott, but i was better off without him. "Carter.." "Look we are over Scott, i am moving on maybe you should do the same." I walked out but not before i hear him mumble, "What if i don't want to?" A tear fell from my eyes betraying me, as i ran to my next class so glad Scott wasn't in there with me. Kim was waiting by the door for me, "So what happened to you?" "Um, nothing" she looked at me and i could tell she didn't believe me but she let it go and i was so glad.