Chapter Thirteen

Carter's Point Of View

I sat there crying wishing he would come back and say he didn't mean any of it and that he loved me, but it didn't happen, i am still out here crying alone as my dad and brother yell at each other, i bet they don't even realize that i am out here or that i am even home there too busy shouting at each other to even notice. "Carter?" I looked up and my mom was standing there, "Oh my god, baby what happened?" she said dropping the shopping bags and running up to me and pulling me into her arms, Before i could say anything My dad yelled, "Get out of my damn house Jason!" "Oh hell no, i can't believe this." my mom said and storming into the house, "ARE YOU TWO FOR REAL YOUR DAUGHTER AND SISTER IS OUT THERE CRYING HER EYES OUT AND ALL YOU TWO IDIOTS ARE DOING IS YELLING AT EACH OTHER, WHAT A GREAT DAD AND BROTHER YA'LL ARE!" My mom yelled as i walked into the house when my dad and Jason saw me i could tell they wanted someone dead and dead now. "Who the fuck am i killing Carter?" Jason asked while my dad opened the closet pulling out a baseball bat. "Stop! No one is killing anyone understand me, I'll be fine." They shook their heads and pulled me into their arms, and i couldn't help but bust into tears, "It's okay baby girl." my dad whispered in my ear, I needed to go to sleep and just sleep all of this off, "Jason, please don't leave." i pleaded pulling away and walking upstairs not letting them say anything to me. I fell on my bed pulling the covers over my body looking at the ceiling as the wetness of my tears fell down my cheeks to my neck. I slowly fell into a deep dark sleep,

i woke up early and walked to school i guess i just didn't want to talk to anyone about last night i just wanted to get today over and done with. I walked into my first period class to see Kim and chad sitting in the back so i walked up to them and sat down pulling out my journal and writing ignoring Kim's eyes boring into me, "Carter, please look at me" Kim begged. I looked at her, "I am so sorry about Scott, i thought he had actually changed and that he really loved you but i was wrong i am so sorry." "Kim, stop it is not your fault i should have known it would have ended the way it did. It's okay i am okay" I lied i felt like i was dying and only one person could save me, i looked up and he was standing there looking right a me he looked so confused but happy at the same time, He started to walk up to me but Mia jumped in front of him smashing her lips on his. I closed my eyes tears falling down my face, they were slowly wiped away and a familiar spark shot through my body, I opened my eyes to see Scott on one knee in front of me and Mia sitting in a chair glaring at me, "What are you doing here?" he asked caressing my face with his thumb, "My brother is staying so i'm stuck here." I whispered moving my face so his hand was no longer touching me, "Carter, i lo.." I slapped him before he could finish his sentence, "Don't you fucking say it!" i yelled, "Baby.." "Shut up Scott, just shut up. We are done i broke up with you just please please please leave me alone. You said it yourself, you are you and you'll never change. So i am not going to waste my time anymore." I yelled and stormed out of the classroom i could hear footsteps running after me i tried to run faster but was yanked into a hard chest and slammed against the lockers, Trapped between Scott and lockers again. "I only said those things so you would break up with me and leave, i could tell you weren't happy here and i would have rather lost you than you be here and miserable for the rest of your life. I couldn't bring myself to break up with you so i did the only thing i knew would work was be a total ass and make you realize i am no good for you." I looked into his eyes and they were glossy, I cuffed his cheek with my hand rubbing my thumb over his left cheek that was red from me slapping him, "I'm sorry, for hitting you" "Don't be i deserved it" I laid my head on his chest and i could hear his heartbeat thumping like a drum, slowly but fast at the same time. I felt his  lips on my head, "Kim either you tell her or i do!" i heard chad yell from beside us, I pulled away from Scott to find Kim and Chad storming over to us, "Kim please don't" Scott begged his sister, what the hell was going on, "If she doesn't i fucking will" "Shut the hell up you prick" Scott shouted stepping forward, but Chad stood his ground, "What is going on?" i asked and Kim looked at me with sorrow filled eyes, " Carter, Scott went out with Mia last night and didn't come home till late." I looked at Scott and he let out a breath closing his eyes, "Nothing happened, i swear I couldn't stop thinking about you the entire time, And the reason i came home late was because i went and had a few drinks then walked home not wanting to die." He said looking at me and i could tell he wasn't telling me something, "What are you not telling me?" He closed his eyes, "I went to your house and well your brother was outside and he sorta punched me in the face a few times i didn't fight back so he got me on the ground and kicked me in the ribs " It wasn't till he said that, i had notice the bruises on his cheeks and a cut on his eyebrow, He lifted up his shirt and there was a bruise on his side, "Oh my god, Scott i'm so sorry" i rubbed my hand over the bruise and his body tensed up. i looked up at him and his eyes was closed, I looked over to see Chad and Kim gone, so i kissed his bruise making him tense up more, "Carter" Scott growled out, I ran my hand up his shirt feeling his eight pack under my hand, "Carter i need you to stop" he growled out grabbing my waist pulling my body closer to him and lets just say i knew why he needed me to stop, " I love you Scott" I smashed my lips on his and wrapped my arms around his neck and running my finger's through his light brown hair. He pushed me back, "Carter, I did what i did yesterday for a reason. You deserve so much better than me, and i won't sit here and let you be with me when there is someone out there who actually deserves you." I clamped my hand over his mouth, "Shut up Scott, I don't want anyone else." I said but by the look in his eyes i could tell he wasn't going to give up on this. "Scott, do you even want to be with me anymore?" I asked choking out the last word. He closed his eyes and laid his forehead on mine, "Of course i do Carter, But i am only trying to do what is best for you. I will ruin your life Carter just like every other girl in this school, I can't do that to you i refuse to." I closed my eyes tears streaming down my cheeks. "Goodbye, Scott" I said and walked out of the school tears slowly streaming down my face, as i got into my car and Last Resort by Papa Roach blared through my speakers.