Ch. 2 Wrong Cuban

Start from the beginning

"So, I heard you have Ms. Union for English this year. Now I know I don't have to say this but, if I hear that you're in that class drooling over her old ass I will put you in your place, ok?"

Lauren scoffs, looking down on her shorter, yet older girlfriend. "Um, give me a second. I clearly need to get my phone out and call 1-800 who the fuck you think you're talking to, cause I know damn well it isn't me."

Raven rolls her eyes, bring her hand up to Lauren's face and pushing her head back. "Keep it up, Lauren and it'll be you and your hand tonight."
------

"I don't know how you put up with her. Honestly, I don't know how you've put up with any of the girls you've dated," Camila states, shaking her head at the thought of all that attitude.

"What are you trying to say?" Lauren asks, defensively.

The girls are waiting for their tech instructor for Intro to Programming, the only class all three of the close knit friends have together.

"I don't think it's shrouded in mystery, Lauren. She said she doesn't understand how you date the girls you date," Dinah interjects.

"Are you being racist or...?" Lauren asks them.

At that remark Camila and Dinah collectively roll their eyes. "No, stupid. I'm talking about girls with attitude. I'm not insinuating that they have attitude because they're black. Come off your Black Lives Matter stoop for one second, ok?"

Lauren pauses before she responds to Camila, "Ok, I might have reached a bit. However, I like difficult girls, it's not boring. I couldn't date anyone that too docile and always in a good mood, that shit is boring. I like my girls with sass, intelligence and a bit on the crazy side."

Dinah chuckles, "You only like all that cause crazy girls are freaks in the sheets."

"I mean....that doesn't hurt?" Lauren jokes, prompting Dinah to shake her head and smile.

"You guyssssss, why am I the only one who hasn't gotten laid yet!" Camila whines

"Ugh cause you're annoying, stupid. Why else, duh," Dinah answers. It's a lie, at least for Dinah because she finds Camila utterly endearing but she wouldn't tell her that. She's had a crush on the tiny Cuban since middle school but she still hadn't worked out a plan to tell her.

Lauren gives Dinah a subtle wink, she knows all about Dinah underlying love for Camila and she finds it adorable. Honestly, Caminah, as she named them, would be super cute together.

"Um, is this the Intro to Programming class?"

The girls turn their heads towards the source of the questioning voice and lo and behold it's Normani.

"Yes it is!" Camila starts, "I'm Camila and these two idiots are my bestfriends, Dinah and..."

"Lauren...yeah I know her...unfortunately," Normani interrupts, squinting her eyes at the green-eyed girl.

Camila pauses, "Oh. Well, yeah. Anyway, if you want...you can sit next to us."

Normani really doesn't want to sit anywhere close to Lauren so she chooses to sit on the other side of Camila. At least this way Camila is the barrier between her and Lauren.

Dinah observes their behavior, before leaning over to whisper in Lauren's ear,"Jeez, how hard did you stare at her today in class? She's literally disgusted by you, Ralph. Phenomenal job, jackass."

Camila on the other hand is utterly confused by what's going on. She explains to Normani how to log into their school computer system, taking the time to fully explain every step so Normani won't forget.

A few times during the instruction, Normani and Camila's hands accidentally touch and Camila can't quite understand why Normani smiles every time it happens. Maybe she just is a smiley person? However, after watching the girl's interaction with Lauren, perhaps only some people get to see that smile.

"Thanks, Camila. I really, really appreciate it."

Dinah cuts her eyes to Camila and Normani, her right eye slowly twitching. Why was Normani talking to Camila in that fake, flirty tone?

"No, problem Normani! I love computers so if you ever need help, I'm your girl," Camila says, innocently.

Normani smirks at that, "I like the sound of that."

Lauren Jauregui falls off her chair, because honestly what is a life where a girl she's into is flirting with her best friend?