I've Got the Eye of the Tiger

Börja om från början

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire

Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR

Louder, louder than a lion

Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You’re gonna hear me roar

Hesitantly, I opened my mouth “Before I met you guys, I was a loser. I constantly was picked on, made fun of, kept my mouth shut when I saw something I shouldn’t have seen. I never stuck up for myself. But then after about a month of going through hell, I picked up the courage to change all that. It started with a new look, then I spoke up more; I stood up for myself and others. It wasn’t until the summer when people took me seriously and when I came back I felt confident in myself. I didn’t feel alone anymore.”

 “Why didn’t you say anything to me before?”

“I was afraid you would leave me if you found out.”

Chase placed his hand on the base of my neck, the other on my waist as he brought me closer “I would never leave you because of that,” he whispered looking into my eyes “I am so proud of you for changing your life around. And I love you even more for it.” He leaned in and kissed me gently and we pulled away when the bell rang.

“I’m proud of myself too Chase.”

Now I’m floating like a butterfly

Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes

I went from zero, to my own hero

You held me down, but I got up

Already brushing off the dust

You hear my voice, you hear that sound

Like thunder gonna shake the ground

You held me down, but I got up

Get ready ’cause I’ve had enough

I see it all, I see it now

After my history class, there was a couple of girls surround a freshman and they were making fun of her glasses. I knew this girl. Her name is Mary Fitzgerald and she is a lovely girl.

One girl slapped her books out of her arms and I quickly shouted “Hey!”

Heads snapped towards me and they sneered at me “What do you want?”

“Leave Mary alone,” I gritted through my teeth “Just because you all have self-esteem issues doesn’t mean you have to bully others to feel better about yourselves. There are classes for that stuff.

“Whatever,” they flipped their fake hair and left. I bent down and helped Mary pick her books back up.

“Are you okay?”

Mary nodded and smiled “Yeah,” she whispered “Thanks.”

“No problem Mary. Those girls are jerks.”

Her eyes went wide “How do you know my name?”

“We have Psychology together. I sit a couple desks behind you.”

Mary was quiet for a few minutes “Why did you help me?”

“Because I use to be where you are now, it’s not fun. Plus I didn’t have people to stand up for me either.”

“Thanks,”

I smiled “You’re most welcome. Just know you have someone to talk to now, okay?”

Mary’s smiled doubled in size “Thanks Katie. So does this, uh, mean we’re friends?”

“Definitely,” I said and then gave her a hug “Come find me at lunch.”

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire

‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR

Louder, louder than a lion

‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You’re gonna hear me roar

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You'll hear me ROAR

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You're gonna hear me ROAR...

I rounded the corner after helping Mary out and ran into Chase. He smiled down at me and kissed “What was that for?”

“I saw what you did. You’re amazing.”

“Well you’re not wrong there,” I mocked him before he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

Roar-or, roar-or, roar-or, roar-or, roar-or

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire

‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR

Louder, louder than a lion

‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You’re gonna hear me ROAR

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You'll hear me ROAR

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You're gonna hear me ROAR...

The bell rang for lunch and I sat down with Adam, Bree, Chase and Leo. I spotted Mary hesitantly looking over at us “Mary over here!” She smiled brightly before taking a seat next to me.

“Guys this is Mary Fitzgerald. Mary this is Leo, my boyfriend Chase, Adam and Bree Davenport.”

Instead of saying hello, Bree got out of her seat and hugged Mary. Adam gave her a warm smile and waved which made her blush, Chase shook her hand and Leo just said hi.

“I can tell we’re going to be great friends,” Bree exclaimed and I smiled and Mary’s grin.

As I looked around our full table, I smiled at how happy Mary looked. I’m happy she’s not alone anymore.

AN: Bullying is a horrible thing that should definitly be dealt with. I took a class that dealt with the affects of bullying and was horrified about what I learned about it. I've never really been bullied before like that but if you are a victim of bullying and need someone to talk about about it, I welcome people to talk to me about it through personal messages. If you don't, that's okay too. Just know you have someone to talk to <3.