sixteen. (end)

Approximately a week has passed since Taehyung and Jungkook confessed to each other. The two acted as if they were a couple, but Taehyung hasn't exactly made a move quite yet. Tomorrow is Saturday, which also happens to be Jungkook's birthday, and Taehyung is planning something special for the younger.

Taehyung shuts off his computer as his break starts. He hears a knock on his door as he opens it, revealing Jungkook. Jungkook always spends his break time with Taehyung. They either go out, or stay in Taehyung's cubicle. But today was different, because Taehyung had somewhere to be.

"Hey, I have to, uh, go run a quick errand. Sorry," Taehyung explains. "Errands? Now?" Jungkook furrows his eyebrows in curiosity before frowning; he was looking forward to spending some quality time with Taehyung. Even if it's just for forty minutes. Taehyung quickly nods. "I'll be back before our break time ends," Taehyung says, quickly pecking Jungkook's lips before heading out of his cubicle and into the elevator. Once the elevator stops at the lobby, he hurriedly steps out and rushes out of the building.

He's only got forty minutes to go to the mall and purchase that necklace that Jungkook had feasted his eyes on. He hastily hops in his car, speeding his way to the mall. Once he reaches there, he runs inside, speed walking to the store that he purchased Namjoon's gift at. He walks inside, looking around and trying to spot the necklace but it's nowhere to be seen.

Taehyung then worriedly walks up to the lady at the cash. "Um hi, a couple of weeks ago I saw a silver necklace with a diamond J pendant on, do you still happen to carry it?" Taehyung asks, the words rapidly blurting out of his mouth. The lady scrunches her eyebrows, thinking. "Ah- yes! It's on display at the front. Would you like to purchase it?" She asks politely and Taehyung eagerly nods his head.

Taehyung impatiently taps his fingers on the counter as the lady walks over to the display at the front, taking the necklace and walking back. "That will be 558,950 won please," she says and Taehyung takes his wallet from his pocket, handing the money over to her.

Once Taehyung purchases the necklace for Jungkook, he quickly exits the mall and speeds back to the office, reaching there ten minutes before his break ends. Taehyung leaves the necklace in the car and enters the building, taking the elevator to the eighth floor.

Taehyung walks over to Jungkook's cubicle, clicking the door open and walking inside. He takes the spare seat in front of Jungkook. "Sorry about that, I had to, um, pick something up for Seokjin," Taehyung lies, nervously chuckling. "It's fine," Jungkook says.

Taehyung and Jungkook continue to chatter until their break ends and Taehyung goes to his own cubicle, finishing up his paperwork before the day has ended.

Jungkook's car wasn't quite fixed yet, so Taehyung had to drive Jungkook to and from work, but he really didn't mind.

Taehyung and Jungkook were currently on their way to Jungkook's house, Taehyung's free hand placed on Jungkook's thigh. "Stay over at my house. Please? It's your birthday tomorrow, lighten up a bit," Taehyung says, trying to convince the younger. Jungkook thinks for a moment, conflict clear in his dark brown orbs.

"Fine," Jungkook huffs in annoyance, Taehyung always gets his way. Taehyung smiles, giving Jungkook's thigh a light squeeze before pulling up in front of his house. The two get out of the car and into Taehyung's house. "Welcome home Taehyung-ssi," the maid greets and pauses, looking behind Taehyung. "And Jungkook-ssi," she adds.

Taehyung and Jungkook politely greet her before making their way up the stairs and into Taehyung's bedroom. Taehyung sets the gift bag at a corner of the room. "Um, can I shower here?" Jungkook asks. "Yeah sure. There's extra towels in the bathroom, help yourself." Taehyung says, stripping out of his clothes and getting into his bed.

Taehyung closes his eyes momentarily, and about twenty minutes later, he hears the door click as Jungkook walks in, dressed in nothing but tight black boxer briefs. Taehyung gulps as he scans Jungkook's glistening body, droplets from the shower still evident on his toned abdomen. "You going to stop staring anytime soon?" Jungkook teases, quirking an eyebrow. "Whatever. C'mere," Taehyung says, scooting over as Jungkook walks over without hesitation.

Taehyung lightly pulls at Jungkook's arm and brings his body close to his, running his fingers through his soft locks. He checks the time, which reads 11:56pm. "It's almost your birthday," Taehyung says, mouth against Jungkook's ear. "Yeah," Jungkook simply replies, turning his body over so that he's now facing Taehyung.

Jungkook leans in, closing the gap between them as he presses his lips to Taehyung's, kissing him gently as Taehyung lightly runs his tongue along Jungkook's top lip, tracing it. Taehyung's hands travel down to Jungkook's firm ass, gripping onto it with both hands as he continues to kiss him.

Taehyung abruptly pulls back, somewhat out of breath as he smiles widely. "Happy birthday, baby," Taehyung says as soon as the clock hits twelve and Jungkook's grins, locking his fingers in Taehyung's hair and leaning in to kiss him but Taehyung pulls his head back. "Wait. I've got something for you," Taehyung says, getting out of Jungkook's grip and off his bed as he walks towards the corner, picking up the small gift bag.

Taehyung walks back over to the bed, sitting down. Jungkook gets up from his laying position and sits up, as Taehyung hands him the gift bag. "Tae, you didn't have to," Jungkook says, picking at his lip. "I didn't have to, but I wanted to," Taehyung assures. "Go on, open it," Taehyung pushes and Jungkook opens the bag, and takes out a small velvet box.

He gasps as he opens the box and sees the necklace laying inside. "Yah! Tae, you got me this?!" Jungkook excitedly squeals like a five year old and throws himself onto Taehyung as he tackles him into a big hug, both of them falling over onto the bed in the process. "Thanks you thank you thank you!" Jungkook screams, continuously pecking Taehyung's cheek.

"I should get you gifts more often," Taehyung muses, kissing the tip of Jungkook's nose and Jungkook melts into Taehyung's gentle touch, closing his eyes.

Taehyung pulls back and Jungkook pouts. Taehyung takes the box from Jungkook's hands and carefully takes the necklace out. "Turn around," Taehyung says and Jungkook obeys, turning around. Taehyung positions the necklace around Jungkook's neck, gently clasping it so that it hangs loosely around his neck.

Taehyung holds onto Jungkook's shoulders and turns him back around. "Beautiful." Taehyung whispers and Jungkook flushes a deep shade of red.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung says, and Jungkook's head snaps up. "Yeah?" He replies. Taehyung lets out a breath before continuing. "Be my boyfriend?" Taehyung says, waiting patiently for Taehyung's response. Jungkook's heart almost leaps out of his rib cage. "Wh-what?" Jungkook says, taken aback. He knew this was coming, but he didn't think he'd ask him now.

"Jungkook, these past two months that I've known you has been the best two months of my life. Every little detail about you is absolutely perfect in every way. I want to be able to wake up every morning to the sound of your breaths, the feeling of your arms wrapped around my body. I want to be able to call you mine, and only mine." Taehyung pauses, taking the time to grab ahold of Jungkook's hand, intertwining their fingers together. "Jungkook, I love you. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone. I don't know what I'd do without you, so please. Be mine," Taehyung breathes out, as he looks up at Jungkook who currently looks like he's shocked, his parted lips forming a small o, his eyes holding an emotion that Taehyung can't seem to recognize.

"You're scaring me. Is that a yes?" Taehyung says, tightening the grip on Jungkook's hand. Taehyung watches as Jungkook nods his head, wrapping his arms around Taehyung's neck and pulling him closer to his body. "Yes, yes. Yes, of course. Fucking yes!" Jungkook yells, leaning down to kiss Taehyung with all the love in his heart.

Taehyung lays down, pulling Jungkook with him, their lips still locked together. Much to their dismay, they need to pull back in order to catch their breath, both of them panting for air.

"Fuck, I love you so much Jungkook," Taehyung breathes out, smiling contentedly.

"I love you too, Tae."

-

a/n: k so that's it. basically i wrote this book bc i felt like writing smut, so yeah. it was supposed to be like only 10 chaps but it ended up being longer haha. anyways, hope you enjoyed. the end was a bit rushed but o well