three.

The four of them arrive back at the office and walk in, each of them making their separate ways. Jungkook and Taehyung walk over to Taehyung's cubicle and enter, closing the door behind them. Taehyung takes a seat, Jungkook taking the spare seat in front of him. Jungkook fumbles with his fingers, looking down. "Thanks for inviting me to lunch with you guys, that was way better than spending it alone in here," he chuckles nervously and looks up. "Yeah no problem. Feel free to tag along whenever you like, don't be shy, okay?" Taehyung says, lending a small smile towards the latter. He nods and finally looks up.

"Alright enough with the fuzzy talk. Back to work," Taehyung says, turning on his computer. "I have some work to do on the computer, and we pretty much finished the stack of papers for today, so you're free to do whatever you want." Taehyung says, directing his attention to the computer. "Okay, I'll just stay in here I guess," Jungkook says, trying to find something to do while Taehyung continues to type away.

Twenty minutes later, Taehyung finishes up a draft and needs to go down to the printer room to print it. "I need to go pick something up from the printer. You should come with me so you get familiar with it and all," Taehyung suggests, getting off of his seat. "Okay let's go then." Jungkook says, also getting up. They walk out of his office and start towards the printer and photo copier room. Once they reach it at the end of the hall, Taehyung walks in the small room, motioning Jungkook to follow him.

"So this is the printer and photo copier room. Basically if you've printed anything, it'll come straight to this printer in this room." Taehyung says, gesturing at the printer. "The papers that you've printed should come out of this slot," he motions to a small slot from the printer, which is currently empty. "Hmm, that's funny. I printed something not too long ago but it doesn't seem to be here," Taehyung says, bending down to get a closer look at the printer.

He can't seem to find the problem as he gets back up and scratches the back of his neck. "There seems to be a problem." Taehyung explains, but Jungkook already knows what the problem is, he's a tech geek and knows almost everything there is about computers and such. "Ah, yes. I think I know what's wrong with it," Jungkook says, softly pushing Taehyung aside to take his place, bending down to take a look at the wiring. "The main wire came loose," he explains. Little does he know, Taehyung isn't paying attention to what he's saying at all; not even one bit. Instead, Taehyung's attention was directed on Jungkook's perky ass, as he's bending down to fix the printer's wiring.

Taehyung licks his lips at the glorious sight. "Taehyung? Are you listening?" Jungkook asks and turns his head over to Taehyung, snapping him from his dirty mind. "Uh-what? Could you repeat that please?" Taehyung says, directing his attention back to Jungkook's words and not his golden ass. "I said the printer should be working fine now." He says, handing a small pile of papers to Taehyung that he had printed earlier. "Thanks Jungkook," Taehyung says, taking the papers from him and smiling at him. "No problem," Jungkook says, smiling back.

They walk back to Taehyung's cubicle, their hands brushing against one another every once in a while. Jungkook blushes at the slight skin contact and speeds his walking nervously. They walk back into Taehyung's office and take a seat once again. Taehyung lays back, staring at the ceiling. "We've pretty much finished all the important stuff, and my shift ends in fifteen minutes." Taehyung says, suddenly getting bored even though he gets to go home in a couple of minutes. "So, Jungkook. Tell me about yourself, you seem interesting," Taehyung says, looking over at him.

"Well I'm twenty years old, I uh, live alone. I sort of ran away from my home back in Busan and I ended up here in Seoul where I invested in a small apartment building. It's not much, but it's enough for now. Anyways, I had multiple jobs before but they were all shitty so I decided on this, and well, here I am," Jungkook says, and there's an emotion in his brown orbs that Taehyung couldn't quite read. He was surprised that Jungkook had ran away from home and this aroused his interest further.

"Why'd you run away? If you don't mind me asking," Taehyung asks, not wanting to say anything wrong. Jungkook looks at him nervously. "No it's fine, I'm used to it. Anyways, I used to live with my mother and father and everything was perfect, or so I thought. I was seventeen when everything started to get out of hand. Our so called perfect family was no longer perfect. My father started to abuse my mother, and they would argue all day and all night. I barely got sleep, I barely ate, I became thin as a twig," he says, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't take the pain. One night, I packed my necessities and some money and left them without notice. I no longer wanted to go through the pain and torture they brought to me." He says, his eyes watering.

"Jungkook, I'm so sorry. You don't have to continue," Taehyung says, leaning over to wipe a stray tear rolling down Jungkook's pale cheek. "No it's fine Taehyung. I need to let it all out anyway. That night when I ran away, I ended up staying at an apartment with my friend Minjae. I stayed there for a week or so and it didn't work out at all, we were complete opposites and his apartment was much too small to my liking. So I left him as well, and I got onto a train to Seoul, I stayed at a motel for a while until I found myself a stable enough job. I then bought a decent apartment and I've been staying there ever since. I quit my old job because it wasn't really me. Luckily, I've know Seokjin since I was really young. He suggested this job to me and convinced Namjoon to take me in." He lets out a deep breath, looking up. "Damn, that was long. Sorry that you had to listen to my boring life story," he chuckles.

Taehyung forces a smile back. "It's fine. And I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I truly understand what you've been through, I really do." He says and leans forward to take one of Jungkook's hand, rubbing small circles onto it with his thumb. "Anyways, it's time to go. We should leave," Taehyung says, letting go of his hand and standing up. Jungkook nods and also stands up.

Taehyung packs his briefcase, closing it up and taking it in his hand before leaving his cubicle, making sure to lock it. They walk towards the elevator, taking it down to the main floor. "Do you have a car?" Taehyung asks. "No. I uh, I take a bus home." Jungkook says, looking down. Taehyung feels bad for him. "What? You take a bus?" Taehyung asks, not very surprised. He saw it coming. "Y-yeah."

Taehyung thinks for a moment before he breaks the silence. "I'll give you a ride home. If you're comfortable with that, of course." Taehyung says, the elevator opening, as the two walk out. "I don't know if that's a good idea," he says, nervously scratching the back of his head. "Don't be silly. I'm giving you a ride whether you like it or not," Taehyung says, smiling afterwards. Jungkook finally gives in and follows Taehyung to his car. "Th-Thanks," he says, while Taehyung sits in the front and Jungkook takes the seat next to him, both of them buckling their seat belts.

Taehyung pulled out of the parking lot, and Jungkook gave him directions to his place while they drove in an eerily comfortable silence. It didn't matter to Taehyung that he'd just met Jungkook that day, he seemed like a nice guy and he truly felt bad for what he has to go through. He knows the feeling of being isolated from parents. He understands the pain and sorrow that Jungkook had been through and he wants to help him as much as he could. Taehyung often comes off as cold hearted, but that's only because he masks his true feelings when he's around other people. But Jungkook seems to have broken that so called mask.

They arrive at Jungkook's address and it's an old, rundown apartment building. Jungkook turns his head away in embarrassment. "Thanks for the ride, I really appreciate it." He says, staring to open his door so he can get out. Before he has the chance to fully open the door, Taehyung grabs his arm to stop him and tugs on it. "Hey, don't sweat it. And also," he lets go of Jungkook's arm and rummages through his pocket to find his phone. "Punch in your number on my phone. In case of...emergencies," Taehyung says. Yeah, emergencies. Nice excuse, Taehyung.

"Um, okay." Jungkook hesitates a bit before taking Taehyung's phone and inserting his own number in. "Have a good night, Jungkook. Stay safe," Taehyung says. "Thanks, you too." He replies and smiles before slipping out of Taehyung's Mercedes. Taehyung watches Jungkook's silhouette until it's no longer visible, and starts driving back to his own place, his mind occupied by the young brunet.