Chapter-16 {Shutting you out}

Start from the beginning

"Just because you are tagged along, do not think that you can enter my skull," he yelled, "you are not allowed."

"Really? Then why you step in my world every time and do whatever you think is right?" she asked almost choking.

He averted his gaze and growled.

"You know what, I don't have time for your stupid question- answer session," he declared and resumed his walk. 

Tears stormed in her eyes as he again chose to leave her out. She stood there and let the rage flow through her eyes. She saw him walking relentlessly. It broke her heart to see him so damn adamant at guarding what he could share with her. All she wanted to do was take some of burden off his shoulder but no, he won't let her in. Before he could stop and wait for her, she followed the path he had paved. She didn't want his pity. She was infuriated and she won't let him have this privilege to calm her down anymore. 

________________________________________________

 Aashi and Aryan settled in a small room which they got allotted after a long interrogation. Chief of camp had believed them at last that they were innocent and sought refuge. Aashi was lost in her thoughts when someone knocked the door. Aryan took the door and saw Harshad standing there. 

"Father had sent food for you two," he said trying to look beyond Aryan. 

"Thanks," Aryan said, "Would you like to come in?"

Harshad smiled and came in. 

He came in and settled on a broken chair.

"These rooms aren't much comfortable but are enough to give us shelter," he said looking at condition of room. 

Aryan returned a smile and said, "Believe me, they are much better than being in forest."

Harshad chuckled and looked at Aashi who still was lost in her thoughts. 

"So, how did you find these people?" Aryan asked to establish some link.

"We had people from our colony who could save themselves from that savage army," Harshad's brows twitched as if he got reminded of something infuriating. 

"And then rescued many people in way to this deserted building," he added after a pause.

Aryan tried to push the matter a bit more, "Oh! That must be hard."

"It was. We had literally picked bones from blood. People were badly injured and we carried them all the way," Harshad told.

"I wanted to stay back to avenge all of it. I wanted to kill each of those bastards who brutally murdered our people but...father thought that war can wait. We need to make an army first," he added.

"And I am glad. Now we have one more soldier," he said patting Aryan's shoulder.

Aryan slid out uncomfortably and smiled nervously. He had no plans to be part of this rebel army. He loved his life and he was glad that he had found a shelter finally.

"What would you do if you find one of them?" Aashi finally spoke. She keenly looked at Harshad.

"I'd hang his head on gate," he growled. 

"That army and entire ministry, I have sworn for their blood," he added and Aashi gulped.

She closed her eyes and prayed that Nandini didn't come this way. 

___________________________________________________________

"I think you should wait here while I go in and assess the atmosphere," Manik said looking back at Nandini. They were standing few meters away from an old building. They could see men guarding it with guns in their hands.